Ultimate Fighting

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Demian Maia's triangle was the highlight of the show for me.

ok it was pretty good watching KOscheck get KOd too.

agreed on those two.

I was disappointed that diego didnt go through stevenson. I didnt think he was going to have that much trouble with him. Stevenson is not really all that dominant in the division. Floriam may get his revenge on diego. .

I guess Joe was tough enough to withstand Sanchez's onslaught. Joe's game is too simplistic to win a decision against a guy like Sanchez. That's what'll be different when (if) he faces Kenflo. I think he'll give Florian a good fight, but Florian's got so many sharp tools in his box. I don't see Diego beating him. 155 seems to be the right place for Sanchez tho. I can't imagine him doing much at 170 anymore - they're all monsters in that class now.

• 2 weeks later...

i know they are really trying to hype Rampage up, so i am a bit surprised that UFC 96 does not have it's own website, not that i can find at least.

a little part of me wants to see Jardine win, only because that would mean Lyoto Machida would fight for the title. but i think Rampage will be able to pull off the win and get another shot at the belt against Rashad Evans.

also wanna see if Gabriel Gonzaga can keep up his winning streak.

The UFC must be cutting back because of the economy - I couldn't find a dedicated website either. I share your sentiment about Lyoto. I'd rather see him fight for the title before Rampage gets his shot at it. Machida's the right type of fighter to take out Rashad. That said, I think Rampage will win this one. Who knows anymore - these guys are all so closely matched that anything can and does happen.

There should be some good fights on this card. I noticed that Gonzaga weighed in at 257.5 lbs, which seems heavy for him. Maybe he's carrying some extra fat to lay on Carwin when he takes him down and passes his guard. I think Carwin may give him some real trouble tho.

I'm also curious about Pete Sell vs Matt Brown. Brown's going to have to dig deep to prevail over Sell, hope he brings his titanium chin. That could be fight of the night though.

I really hope Hamill gets his $%^# together and does some wrestling for once, and I'm always stoked to see Gray Maynard fight. Some interesting undercard bouts too - will have to check those out next week...

96 was a bit of a KO-fest - not many submissions lately... It wasn't bad though, not really any boring fights. I didn't think Rampage was spectacular. He did just enough to get the decision. All the talk is Jardine lost it in the last 10 seconds of the fight. Not sure about that, but they seemed pretty even going into the 3rd.

Matt Brown--!! Awesome. Yves Lavigne-- not so awesome! Even Matt Hamill got a spectacular KO, with a kick!? I was also surprised that Carwin just stood up after Gonzaga got him to half-guard. Too bad for Gonzaga (I think it'll just make him meaner, and he still has the best walk-in music in the UFC). I'm excited to see what Carwin can do in the heavyweight division. He still looked a little green in that cage, but every fight helps. Brandon Vera might finally be back on track... and Kendall Grove too. Not a bad UFC overall.

The one thing that really bugged me was how the UFC handled Mark Munoz. They showed the slo-mo of him getting KO'd, then as soon as they realized he wasn't waking up, they kept the cameras off of him. When the paramedics brought the stretcher in, they cut to a stupid interview with Frank Mir talking about his knee surgery. They're so scared of tarnishing their fragile image, that they end up doing more damage. They could have told viewers that Munoz left the cage on his feet, and went to hospital to get checked out. They never gave us the update. Viewers are only going to think the worst happened when they try to cover it up. I, like many others, googled to find out what happened to Munoz. That's pathetic. Bad UFC. There was a lot of flack over it, so I wonder if they'll handle the next brutal KO differently.

• 2 weeks later...
Too bad for Gonzaga (I think it'll just make him meaner, and he still has the best walk-in music in the UFC).

hell yeah! "Mother... tell you children not to walk my way"

found this funny video, i LOL'd when i first saw it. classic!

if you keep up w/ MMA you should be able to appreciate the hilarous references

• 1 month later...

I agree with the link you posted ronnie. I didnt even watch the silva fight because it went so long (I watch the vid postings on the internet not the payperviews) when I saw mulitple parts i knew he wasnt really trying or atleast wasnt focused. Griffin is a big dude. We will see what happens.

i know Griffin can hold his shit together (most of the time), but i'm skeptic he'll pull a win against Silva (even though i think Silva = lameo, after the last fight of course)

glad to see Amir will finally fight since TUF, that'll be interesting. and Penn vs Florian. looks like a good night

Edited by endcruelty

Silva-Griffin is interesting... I expect Griffin to use a lot of leg kicks, and circle out a lot. If he stands in front of Silva, I'm not so sure he'll last too long. Either way, he'll give Silva a good fight, unlike Leites. Combined with Penn-Kenflo, that's a huge night!

I personally don't care about Hughes-Serra at all. It would be alright if Serra went back down to LW. I don't think he's too relevant at 170 anymore.

• 1 month later...

UFC 99: The Comeback coming up this weekend. it's in Germany! i'm gonna try to catch it live, 3pm our time, to leave my night free for other endeavors.

Rich Franklin Vs. Wanderlei Silva

Cheick Kongo Vs. Cain Velasquez

Mike Swick Vs. Ben Saunders

Spencer Fisher Vs. Caol Uno

Mirko Cro Cop Vs. Mostapha Al Turk

there seems to be a bit of bad blood in the Marcus Davis Vs. Dan Hardy fight.

seems to be some kind of Irish vs English thing happening there.

should make for an interesting battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMAi5_SuY0U

Some potentially good fights at UFC 99 for sure.

I say Franklin over Silva

Cain over Kongo

Hardy over Davis (although I like them both, it's going to be mixed feelings)

Swick over Saunders, quick

Can't wait... I'm curious to see what the German fans are like. It'll probably sound like a Bayern Munich game in that place!

Some potentially good fights at UFC 99 for sure.

I say Franklin over Silva

Cain over Kongo

Hardy over Davis (although I like them both, it's going to be mixed feelings)

Swick over Saunders, quick

Can't wait... I'm curious to see what the German fans are like. It'll probably sound like a Bayern Munich game in that place!

actually trev I have another question for you. I was watching TUF last night and Amir came on to say that franklin was training with anderson in I think las vegas. That anderson was spilts with axe murderer because axe murderer says he is fighting middleweight. So anderson or axe murderer? man do I want to see that fight.

What did you guys think of the Silva v. Franklin fight?

Should Wanderlei retire?

I think that axe murderer just went the distance and couldnt finish a guy that anderson ran over with a truck. So it his future is anderson then I think he should retire. he doesnt look all that comfortable at 195 never mind 185