oh man!!! CNN report on bear hunting in Russia

JW

absolutely sick!

Russian men paying thousands of $$ to go winter bear hunting

They bring dogs to flush the hibernating bear out of it's den and the waiting hunters just blow it away. The footage on CNN showed all...even pulling out the orphaned bear cubs from the den.

most of them freeze to death, others are sold to zoos or kept as pets.

very disturbing!

I have friends who hunt, and say they're keeping the deer population in check, and they use the whole animal and all that - but I still don't get it.

Killing something for the "sport" of it is sadistic, any way you slice it.

Killing for money is immoral.

What really drives me nuts is when you see the so-called Christian politicians out hunting - Dick Cheney and his buddies. Do they really think Jesus would approve of killing something for the fun of it?

I DON'T GET IT!

(I'm all fired up now)

I saw it too on sky news, it was awful. The hunters were pathetic, trying to explain that the bears are dangerous and need to be killed. I have no respect for hunters, if you want to shoot go to a f****** shooting range.

Yea, really. Fear is the best way to get people to do what you want, right? I mean rumors of bombs, weapons, "illegal" immigrants," "vicious" animals...it all works.

We've had two mountain lions killed here within the past few months. By the media reports, you'd think we were in grave danger. As long as you can say you feared for your life you can get away with most anything -- that's true within the legal system.

The most disturbing image in the video footage for me was the hunters standing there, rifles aimed, waiting for the bear to emerge from it's den.

They call this sport. They said it was the thrill of the hunt.

What hunt?????? what sport?????? they send a dog into the den and wait at a safe distance and just blow the poor bear away as soon as it emerges.

I saw it too on sky news, it was awful. The hunters were pathetic, trying to explain that the bears are dangerous and need to be killed. I have no respect for hunters, if you want to shoot go to a f****** shooting range.

Yea, really. Fear is the best way to get people to do what you want, right? I mean rumors of bombs, weapons, "illegal" immigrants," "vicious" animals...it all works.

We've had two mountain lions killed here within the past few months. By the media reports, you'd think we were in grave danger. As long as you can say you feared for your life you can get away with most anything -- that's true within the legal system.

totally agreed! Fear is what moves ppl.