Pillow talk

:lachmal::lachmal::lachmal:

Tarz just called me and told me to check this thread. AT first I was annoyed that he wouldnt just TELL me what was going on because I promised myself I wouldnt log on at all today to get some work done.

SO anyway, he gave me no choice but to log on and when I saw that monkey pic, I was laughing so hysterically I couldnt even talk to Tarz. I had tears coming down my eyes.

Anyway, THANKS FOR THAT GREAT LAUGH OFFENSE. I needed it! I felt instantly de-stressed after such a laugh - you know, the kind that comes from your gut instead of just your face.....:lachmal:

And the caption was hilarious - first thing in the morning trying to decipher tarz's accent....

Tarz just called me and told me to check this thread. AT first I was annoyed that he wouldnt just TELL me what was going on because I promised myself I wouldnt log on at all today to get some work done.

Yep, Nat was very annoyed - I got so much grief and it's all your fault offense.

i use 4 pillows plus a small sack of beads that i use for my lower back. i sleep on the floor (by choice) and use a standard pillow for my head, two Mogu pillows for my arms and a throw pillow to slightly elevate my legs. i probably look like i'm building a fort before i go to sleep, but it helps me sleep on my back for at least most of the night. this is the only way i can wake up feeling good with my two once bad shoulders and a hair trigger back.

Firm mattresses are best for your back. Ive slept on the floor (with some sheets to avoid the BONE factor) for couple of years and it was great for my back.

Dont ever do soft/pillow top or water beds or pillows. They are BAD.

For shape accustom pillow, try a bunch of mustard seeds inside one.. its standard usage for little babies

• 3 weeks later...

how come? are they bad even if you dont have any back problems? I cant sleep on firm surfaces.

By the way everybody, I got that water pillow and I am loving it. very comfy. MY cat Riley though sleeps on it the whole day - he thinks it is a waterbed bought just for him the little bugger. Ya so I basically inhale his cat hair all night.

how come? are they bad even if you dont have any back problems? I cant sleep on firm surfaces.

By the way everybody, I got that water pillow and I am loving it. very comfy. MY cat Riley though sleeps on it the whole day - he thinks it is a waterbed bought just for him the little bugger. Ya so I basically inhale his cat hair all night.

Does not have to be a WOODEN PLANK.

The principles of that are yoga based and couple of 1000 years old. The human body is designed to sleep straight on a flat supporting surface. To decrease the agony of hardness of the "supporting surfaces", you can add some cushioning to spread out the pressure.

My grandfather has been sleeping on the floor with a a couple mats and double folded sheets in between for ages.

A really good compromise is 'coir / jute' cored mattresses that are 'covered' with foam. Jute core gives it strong support but does not hurt as hard and still maintains self structure.

Jute is suppossedly a kind of like HEMP (from google).

http://www.fabrics.net/hemp.asp

Nature give us firm ground and some "hay" to lie on . Nature did not intend us to sleep on a water surface... or anything that wont support our vertebral column to remain straight.