Future demand for cybersecurity?

estgee

I finally made up my mind of choosing cybersecurity as career and was all excited until I spoke to one of the IT heads of a company. He kept telling me that everything in cybersecurity is automated or is going to be automated soon and it isn't worth getting into rather data analytics is the way forward, besides reading a few logs cybersecurity professionals aren't needed for much. I was all excited to enroll for a masters in cybersecurity(I know people suggest against this but I need to pursue a masters for a visa), I had my Essay ready aswell. After hearing this I'm really confused again. What are your views on this?

Roles in cybersecurity may change but the demand will be there. This is always the case and it's exactly why people say if you want to be in cybersecurity be prepared to constantly learn. Therefore, I strongly recommend you to pay attention to the company https://diesec.com/ because these guys are a great example of how true cybersecurity professionals must constantly develop and learn something new. That's why they are the leaders in cybersecurity at the moment.