Dreams

BJJVegan

Just a random topic but has anybody had dreams where they've eaten meat? I have had a couple dreams where ive taken a bite of a hot dog or something else then i realize "What the hell am I doing!?!?" and spit it out. When i wake up im like "that was weird."

No, but when I first got married, I had dreams that I had just had sex with some guy (not my husband) & suddenly it would occur to me that I was married & I would be horrified.

I suspect dreams like this are simply your unconscious mind taking on your new belief or circumstances.

Yes, I have. I dream lots of really random things and write them down when I wake up before I forget them. Sometimes I can look back and analyse why that particular idea or situation was in my subconscious: it's not always obvious straight away.

If I dream that I get something I want then I know it is possible. If I'm planning a heavy lifting session, the night before I will visualise myself lifting 800 lb rep after rep, like Ronnie Coleman, and try to dream of doing it. I will also visualise myself on top of a mountain touching the clouds and feeling huge, like Steve Reeves.

Since I saw the film, 'Waking Life', I have had two successful lucid dreams. I nearly had another one recently but I woke up too quickly: everything went really fast and I was being pulled away by an invisible force from the building I wanted to enter.

Probably nobody ever taught you how to dream. However, there are techniques to manipulate your dreams and open your mind to new realms of possibilty.

As for my dream, or rather, my nightmare, where I was eating meat, it was because on my 18th birthday my "friend" convinced me to have a piece of his steak. It was just a tiny mouthful and it was horrible. I don't think I even ate anything like that before I became vegetarian (I decided to become vegetarian when I seven, on Christmas Day, and I became 100% vegan last year). I don't know why I was so weak as to agree to try it: it would never happen again.

Since I saw the film, 'Waking Life', I have had two successful lucid dreams. I nearly had another one recently but I woke up too quickly: everything went really fast and I was being pulled away by an invisible force from the building I wanted to enter.

I've had two lucid dreams in my life, after reading about lucid dreaming. They didn't last long, because I woke up when I figured out I was lucid dreaming. Very interesting. An experience very different from any other dreams. I could control everything that went on in the dream once it went into 'lucid' mode. In one, I suddenly said "hey, I don't have to do X. This is a dream and I can do whatever I want." I was planning on having hot sex with one of the characters in my dream, but that's when I woke up. Drat!

I had another lucid dream. By talking about lucid dreaming here, I must have heightened my awareness of it/desire for it in my subconscious.

There could be so many insights we could gain from lucid dreaming, and this is the first thing we think of? LOL!

Does the name "Freud" spring to mind? I think so...