Eat your watermelon!

You ever try that seedless watermelon?? it doesn't taste RIGHT! something real funny about it.. I avoid it like the plague.. ESPECIALLY in the fall and winter months... that is NOT watermelon season!

Yes the seedless variety doesn't taste right. It's kind of too sweet and just kind of weird. The flesh seems to be sort of too pink.

The variety I'm eating now is delicious! Dark pink, lots of black seeds, just the right level of sweetness. You can't beat that!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read it as "Fruit Cravings"*. When I saw the pictures I realised that it was "Fruit Carvings" . Absolutely beautiful. That is my idea of heaven!

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in

waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht

the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total

mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but

the wrod as a wlohe.

My iron is always trashing so to jack it up I live on watermelon and almonds. I can have a slice of watermelon and my iron goes from 29 to 36 in less than 12 hours. Watermelon the cool food. Glad I live in Florida watermelon year round.

• 1 year later...

For me the best tasting melons have the most seeds so I deal with it and swallow them. I'm not a big fan of tasting them. Seedless are good too and its worth losing some flavor to not waste time with seeds. Sometimes it seems like you get 10 seeds on one bite...thats when I like the flavor the most and hate eating them the most at the same time.

A question - do you spit the seeds out or just swollow them whole? They tend to annoy me a whole lot so I'm curious of how everyone else eat their watermelon.

After reading threads on chinese and people here eating them I decided to just crunch the black seeds up and swallow with the fruit. Crunch them up first cause whole ive found to be upsetting.

Thanks a lot guys! I have plenty of ways to eat my watermelons at VV later this summer... the seeds have always annoyed the crap out of me, and the seedless just aren't as good. But I never tried chewing them... that is def worth a try...

I read it as "Fruit Cravings"*. When I saw the pictures I realised that it was "Fruit Carvings" . Absolutely beautiful. That is my idea of heaven!

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in

waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht

the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total

mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but

the wrod as a wlohe.

Cool. Thanks.

I heard melons are the 2nd most nutritious fruit(berries are the 1st). So it's good to juice the rinds. To make the juice taste better, add some cantalope.

Melons are loaded with vitamin A,B,C, and minerals.

I've read that watermelon has the same % of protein as mothers milk(7%). I just found this website

http://www.frugivore.info/frequentlyaskedquestionspage.html

comparing milk with fruit and why fruit is the BEST food!

I've been eating a raw produce diet for a week that included watermelon.

I absolutely love melons! Water melon is expensive though. I tend to eat lot more yellow ones. Basically all the different yellow ones you see in the attached chart. Are the yellow ones also good like the red ones?

http://www.foodmuseum.com/images/xMelonposter.jpg

That much water melon would last me like 5 minutes before I'd need to get something else to eat. It just never fills me for some reason.