Disgusting TV commercials

JW

I haven't seen either of those. We don't have a Carl Jr.'s here and I don't recall seeing that one for McDonald's. The ones that get me are those stupid Burger King ones for their new tendercrisp chicken sandwich. It's the Big Buckin' Chicken commercial. It's so annoying!

I don't know about the Carl's one either.

I'm in Canada so our McDonalds commercials could be a bit different.

The theme seems to be the same though.....ing

seems pretty hard to avoid them

I saw one last night for the first time - it was Ruby Tuesdays.

Alright, it's this chef all decked out in white tending a grill. It shows the burger up close - burning hot death, nice - and the narator starts to talk about all the attention to detail that goes into each "mini burger."

Hold up, MINI burger? In a world where Arby's is offering a burger that is not only topped with bacon and cheese, but also steak, and weighs a pound, someone is trying to sell America a MINI burger! For a split second, I felt the pendulum swinging in our direction a tiny bit, a commercial for a chain restaurant encouraging American's to eat less meat. Not perfect, but a nice thought.

Yeah, nice thought...until they end the commercial showing what the actual entree looks like when someone orders this mini burger. They serve you FOUR little burgers on a big plate!

How could someone order a plate of 4 burgers and not feel like a complete lard ass? Nasty.

I like em, they help me stay vegan because they're so gross. Unfortunately it's the opposite for non vegans. I used to hate Mike's HArd Lemonade commercial where they go to a group of hick cowboys and say "I'm here for the vegan convention". If I was lame enough to drink that isht anyway, I would've stopped then.

• 2 weeks later...
I like em, they help me stay vegan because they're so gross. Unfortunately it's the opposite for non vegans. I used to hate Mike's HArd Lemonade commercial where they go to a group of hick cowboys and say "I'm here for the vegan convention". If I was lame enough to drink that isht anyway, I would've stopped then.

Meetyourmeat.com helps me stay vegan. As does the image of poor lil calves running around frenzed and scared with their umbelical cords still attached to them at a veal auction.

Even if that shit was good for you, I still wouldnt go anywhere near animal products for compassionate reasons.

i saw a commercial the other day for burger king. it wasn't ing, just annoying. just a bunch of guys singing something like "i'm a man!" and eating double whoppers. the message of course is that real men eat meat. i am so sick of that type of thinking and the whole concept of what a guy has to do to be a "real man".

i saw a commercial the other day for burger king. it wasn't ing, just annoying. just a bunch of guys singing something like "i'm a man!" and eating double whoppers. the message of course is that real men eat meat. i am so sick of that type of thinking and the whole concept of what a guy has to do to be a "real man".

Real men are kind to animals, and not afraid to show it either. That about covers all the men here on vb&f.

I think real men are nothing like our culture portrays. I get sick of these commercials it's always some meat on the gril, lots of visuals you know they try to get people thinking about meat like they might forget to eat or something. I have seen one recently that is two guys talking and they are eating some burger type item and they are speaking in a foreign language, I guess italian. Why they show it in Texas is beyond me. It is captioned so you get the message that this guy really likes his food, but it's still really stupid.

There's a new Canadian beer commercial out now which advertises their new promotion .... 2 free steaks when you buy a case of beer.

not hard to imagine the images they portray

Yet another example of the "meathead culture"

I was actually going to comment on thats same commercial. That commercial irratates me cause they pretty much go on to say that anybody that doesnt eat meat are sissys. That you arent a man unless you eat a big fat artery clogging cheeseburger. Which seams to be the thinking of alot of people. so annoying!

I used to think that the 'Chic-Fi-La' advertisements, the ones showing cows frivolously advocating people eating chicken, were the most perverse but the worst commercial I ever saw was over a year ago, broadcast in Houston, during its rodeo.

It was commissioned by a regional chicken restaurant named, 'Churches Chicken'. It was animated. It started by showing a scene of a farmyard, with the larger animals happily boarding trucks to attend the rodeo. Humans would nicely pat the animals and the animals would turn and smile as they were loaded up nicely into the big trucks.

Then the narrator states, "all the barnyard animals were so happy, except the little chicks, especially Barney (forgot actual name.)" "There was no place for them at the rodeo and they were very sad that they could not participate." Barney, a small yellow chick, is shown moping around sniffling because he is so sad that he can not help.

Then the commercial shows a bright light on a hilltop that catches Barney's attention (it seems to be a metaphor of the burning bush and Moses - the restaurant is called 'Churches', remember.) The narrator then says, "Barney sees a golden light on the hill side." Barney then runs to the bright light. When he gets to it, Barney finds the bright light to be a golden 'Churches Chicken' sign.

The narrator then says, "Barney happily learns how all the chickens can help at the rodeo." Scene then shows Barney, very happy now (big bright eyes and big smile), running back to the barnyard with all the other chickens waiting to greet him. Barney tells them what he learned. Then, all the chickens, led by Barney, are shown smiling, laughing and jumping, in excitement. Then they all run toward the golden sign and the animation ends.

During the last part, as the chickens are all happy and running toward the sign, the narrator says, "all of them were so happy when they learned they could become part of the rodeo fun by becoming Churches new six piece rodeo meal deal and now all you rodeo goers can enjoy them for only $4.99." Then the commercial shows real pictures of the meal (chickens parts, side items, box, drinks etc.)

Could there possibly be a more perverted commercial than the one I described above?

Edited by 9nines

• 2 months later...

bumping this up because of another ignorant commercial i just saw. maybe you all have seen it. there is a guy in a supermarket check out line. he is buying a big block of organic tofu. the guy next to him is buying big slabs of meat. apparently this makes the first guy feel inferior and like a sissy. so he goes out and buys a great big ugly gas guzzling hummer. as he is driving it, the word Restore Your Manhood come across the screen. so once again, the same message we get from the burger king commercial. be a man, eat some meat, drive a big SUV, and don't eat girly man tofu.

and the sad thing is that this sort of thing probably works on a lot of people.

bumping this up because of another ignorant commercial i just saw. maybe you all have seen it. there is a guy in a supermarket check out line. he is buying a big block of organic tofu. the guy next to him is buying big slabs of meat. apparently this makes the first guy feel inferior and like a sissy. so he goes out and buys a great big ugly gas guzzling hummer. as he is driving it, the word Restore Your Manhood come across the screen. so once again, the same message we get from the burger king commercial. be a man, eat some meat, drive a big SUV, and don't eat girly man tofu.

Grrrrrrr just saw the commercial. It really pissed me off, and I rarely get pissed off.

Yep. I saw that filth last night on TNT. Just about put my remote through my screen -then I remembered how much I paid for it

Honestly. How long do you think it's going to take for this media-driven, macho, wild West mentality to burn out? Probably never will.

How 'bout those imbecillic "Good cheese comes from happy cows, and happy cows come from California" ads? Who is the target audience here? Two-year olds??