Disgusting TV commercials

JW

more stupid burger king commercials! have you seen the new ones. it's the one for the BK stackers. i couldn't believe what i was seeing. layers of beef, cheese, and bacon. choose double, triple,.... or quadruple?!?! WTF! you gotta be kidding me. a quadruple bacon cheeseburger?! are you that insecure and stubborn that you need a 4th beef pattie in your burger? it is just so ridiculous. and of course they have to put in the standard manly disclaimer: NO VEGGIES ALLOWED. "Stack em' High, Tuff Guy"

oh lord when will the stupidity end?

BK stackers... layers of beef, cheese, and bacon. choose double, triple,.... or quadruple?!?!

Hmm...makes you wonder how many cardiac surgeons own stock in McDonalds.

Sounds like a heart attack on a bun to me.

And you know, there are probably people out there who will order it without the bun, because they don't want the 'bad carbs'! (though I agree that a white bun is not a boon to health either).

bumping this up because of another ignorant commercial i just saw. maybe you all have seen it. there is a guy in a supermarket check out line. he is buying a big block of organic tofu. the guy next to him is buying big slabs of meat. apparently this makes the first guy feel inferior and like a sissy. so he goes out and buys a great big ugly gas guzzling hummer. as he is driving it, the word Restore Your Manhood come across the screen. so once again, the same message we get from the burger king commercial. be a man, eat some meat, drive a big SUV, and don't eat girly man tofu.

and the sad thing is that this sort of thing probably works on a lot of people.

---

more stupid burger king commercials! have you seen the new ones. it's the one for the BK stackers. i couldn't believe what i was seeing. layers of beef, cheese, and bacon. choose double, triple,.... or quadruple?!?! WTF! you gotta be kidding me. a quadruple bacon cheeseburger?! are you that insecure and stubborn that you need a 4th beef pattie in your burger? it is just so ridiculous. and of course they have to put in the standard manly disclaimer: NO VEGGIES ALLOWED. "Stack em' High, Tuff Guy" Rolling Eyes

Those 2 commercials really piss me off. It’s one thing to advertise a product, but they cross the line when they suggest that people that eat veggies are girlymen.

Sadly, this ridiculous type of advertising will persist as long as there are unthinking drones that buy into it. The tide is slowly turning in our favor, and I am optimistic that this type of nonsense will come to an end in my lifetime

The 3 stages of Truth:

1. Ridicule

2.Violent Opposition

3. Acceptance

In the scientific community we are already at the level of acceptance. With regards to agribusiness (Meat Dairy, etc), we are in the Violent Opposition phase. The general public seems to be approaching the end of the ridicule phase

more stupid burger king commercials! have you seen the new ones. it's the one for the BK stackers. i couldn't believe what i was seeing. layers of beef, cheese, and bacon. choose double, triple,.... or quadruple?!?! WTF! you gotta be kidding me. a quadruple bacon cheeseburger?! are you that insecure and stubborn that you need a 4th beef pattie in your burger? it is just so ridiculous. and of course they have to put in the standard manly disclaimer: NO VEGGIES ALLOWED. "Stack em' High, Tuff Guy"

I've seen those too. Good grief! Definitely a heart attack on a bun!

When will people learn?

• 1 month later...

My god (O.o)....

If i owned a TV, then this topic would inspire me to consider suplexing it out of a window onto a burning chainsaw.

It's like that.

You get the same sort of repulsiveness on magazine pages, and that is annoying enough .... but I've seen these kinds of adverts from time to time and they always alarm me with their ingness.

It's like that advert for something-or-other cookers, which i saw in a magazine a while ago, where it has a picture of the cooker and a whole load of hens lining up in front of it with knives and those pathetic puffy things that flesh eaters like to put over the cooked cadavers of birds' legs in order to make them look less realistic.

The strapline was "our cooker is so good that the chickens will be queueing up to use it"

Yeah, right...... and I'm the pope.