Ultimate Fighter 3

I just wanted to start this thread because ive been watching it and i was wondering if anyone else here has too.

To start off 2 good teams. But i want Titos team to win. Mainly because i dont really like Ken Shamrock.

So far team Tito 2 wins 1 loss and vice versa for Team Shamrock.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man-

Yeah, a bunch of us have been watching. There's a whole lot of opinions in the thread just a couple down from this one ("Ultimate Fighting") - check it out when you get a chance. Some good catch-up reading for you before this Thurs night.

"Let's get it on!"

tito seems like a really good and supportive coach. the last episode i saw he was very encouraging to his guys. lots of "great work, way to go, awesome job guys" sort of stuff. he doesn't seem to be the jerk that everyone makes him out to be. at least not to his team anyways. i notice that change when he deals with his opponents though.

Agreed. It's funny - Tito is a more supportive coach, AND works them harder. Shamrock is Mr. Tough Guy, and then gives them days off.

Mike pounded poor Kristian last night. K was wobbly several times in that match. They never really showed what caused that top-of-the-head cut - I guess it was a knee, but it was an odd spot and a wide, nasty cut. I figured he must have somehow got it from a post or something.

Rant time:

Too many friggin' commercials! Ugh. I'm all for hot, fit ladies wearing next to nothing, but I'm watching Spike at that time to see guys smashing each other, not girls snapping each other's bikini straps every 3 mintues.

Ok, rant over.

tito seems like a really good and supportive coach. the last episode i saw he was very encouraging to his guys. lots of "great work, way to go, awesome job guys" sort of stuff. he doesn't seem to be the jerk that everyone makes him out to be. at least not to his team anyways. i notice that change when he deals with his opponents though.

It's funny, he has a terrible attitude, and is a disresepctful douchebag during pre and post fight interviews, but he seems like a nice guy and a really good coach outside of that.

You know what i think the thing with Tito is. He loves to get people riled up. He'll basically say anything to piss his opponent off to the point they want to knock his block off. Then he stomps them. Well most the time. And thats how he gets most of his fights. People dispise(sp?) him so much they want to fight. Its a mind game in my opinion. You can tell hes a caring person. As you can see on TUF3.

Side note: I want Tito to smash Shamrocks face in again in the rematch between those two.

i work on thursday nights, so i have to wait for the encore on saturday. i saw it last night. the fights this season have been much better than last season's fights. this time last season we had not seen a knockout or a submission. impressive skills by the brit, mike. that was a strange place to have a gash. i'm sure the network loved it. you know, if it bleeds it leads.

those new xyience commercials are just a little too cheesy. rich franklin and matt hughes are great in interviews. when they are talking about their game plans, they are naturals on the mic. but you can tell they are a little awkward when given a script to read and asked to act. it's a little uncomfortable to watch.

After mike hit kristian with that knee it was all over. Kristians game plan went out the window. I mean did you see when he finally did get mike to the ground it was like he didnt know what he should do. And that was def a bloody fight.

• 2 weeks later...

This last fight was pretty good. I kinda wanted Salomon to win that one. But obviously Rory was just a little bit better. I mean that kick, well turned into a knee, knocked Salomon out cold. He was so out of it he got up asking "who won??"

I cant wait to see Ed Herman fight though. I think hes gonna do good. Hes from Oregon too so im rootin for him. Either him or Matt (The Deaf kid).

This last fight was pretty good. I kinda wanted Salomon to win that one. But obviously Rory was just a little bit better. I mean that kick, well turned into a knee, knocked Salomon out cold. He was so out of it he got up asking "who won??"

I cant wait to see Ed Herman fight though. I think hes gonna do good. Hes from Oregon too so im rootin for him. Either him or Matt (The Deaf kid).

I don't know how well he'll do in another fight. I was very suprised when he won.

that kinda made me giggle. generally, if you have to ask who won... chances are it was not you.

rory's win was unexpected, mostly because he seemed a little unsure of himself. but once again tito shows his good side. his support and encouragement after round 1 really helped rory out. and it was tito who suggested to use a kick, which worked out perfectly. and solomon goes down, and out cold. i like this season show far. except for all the commercials.

Note to Dana: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have a FIGHT on each show. That high school wussbag crapola wedged in between commercials last night was nauseating.

Agreed. I can't believe he left!!! He is going to look back on this and be SO sorry he did.

So, who's coming back? Thoughts?

wtf? somebody left? that sucks. i didn't see the episode last night because of my work schedule. now i am very curious to see the encore this saturday. this is like a cliffhanger to me. tune in tomorrow to find out who leaves.

hell i don't mind the spoilers. i don't wanna wait til saturday to find out. someone tell me what happened.

wtf? somebody left? that sucks. i didn't see the episode last night because of my work schedule. now i am very curious to see the encore this saturday. this is like a cliffhanger to me. tune in tomorrow to find out who leaves.

hell i don't mind the spoilers. i don't wanna wait til saturday to find out. someone tell me what happened.

But that would spoil your viewing experience

worst episode ever. i thought i tuned into the real world by accident. the most blatant thing is that the guy who left HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SCHEDULED FIGHT. and they are bringing someone back so its not like they needed to fill up the space. they just wanted to add in an extra episode to the season because their ratings are good. pathetic.

they just wanted to add in an extra episode to the season because their ratings are good.

good call.

Ronnie - yer gonna be pissed when you see this lame episode, so you might as well skip it and catch up on line (link below). As lame as this summary reads, it was even worse to watch it (for those who saw the episode, this summary is pretty funny)...

http://www.theultimatefighter.tv/episodes.php?show=last

I think they'll bring back Mike Stine.

j/k - I bet it's Jesse, since Noah beat him. That was a weird fight too, Jesse had him but got stoopid. Solomon was good, but I doubt they'd bring him back since his conditioning was suspect.

so my thoughts. all i can say is i hope she's the one. experience tells me that those relationships usually do not last and are stormy from the beginning. in some ways i am envious of noah. the romantic in me wishes sometimes that i had someone that meant so much to me that i would give up an opportunity to fulfill my dream. just drop everything to be with that person if i thought for one second i could lose her. something that strong is a beautiful thing. that's one side of me.

on the other hand... WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! 6 months? a girl who is gonna drag you away from this incredible opportunity because of a rumor she heard on the internet is obviusly a nut. if you think seeing her now is gonna make everything better, think again. because she will find some other insignificant thing to get upset over soon enough. bet on it. and for god's sake, it's only been 6 friggin' months!!! not exactly a long term relationship. shit man, i've gone without electricity longer that 6 months. now that was hard to get over.

but what ever makes you happy noah, you do that.

sorry about that rant. got a little personal there. so anyways, they left us with a cliffhanger! who will it be who comes back? DUN DUN DUN! tune in next week, same spike time, same spike channel.

I'm guessing it will more than likely it will be Jesse (the guy Noah eliminated) who comes back.

i think it will be jesse. I dont really want it to be though cause he kinda annoyed me. But imagine the stupid stuff he would have pulled off from boredom if he had stayed as long as the other fighters have so far. I mean he was being dumb after a week of boredom.

BAH!

As much as I am a Shamrock hater...I wanted Tait to win this fight. But I'm still kinda glad Blue mohawk boy won....the whole thing about his kid was pretty touching---so good for him.

I just like Tait.....he stood up to Shammy and questioned him throughout the show. Plus I think he's Joe Rogan's bodyguard or some thing like that (heard that somewhere). Rogan is kewl.

I missed most of the fight unfortunately, my daughter was fussing right after the bell rang for the first round....then I caught the last 20 seconds of the last round. Then saw the highlights....so I can't really say if Tait should have won the split or not.

IMO, and apparently the opinion of everybody but the judges, the fight was 19-19 after 2 rounds. Blue Mohawk won the first round, Tait won the second. It's too bad the outcome didn't seem correct, but honestly, both fighters pretty much sucked compared to some of the others. I doubt either has a snowball's chance of making the finals.

It'll be good to see bigmouth redhead get in the ring and try to back up all his tough talk next week.

BAH!

As much as I am a Shamrock hater...I wanted Tait to win this fight. But I'm still kinda glad Blue mohawk boy won....the whole thing about his kid was pretty touching---so good for him.

I just like Tait.....he stood up to Shammy and questioned him throughout the show. Plus I think he's Joe Rogan's bodyguard or some thing like that (heard that somewhere). Rogan is kewl.

I missed most of the fight unfortunately, my daughter was fussing right after the bell rang for the first round....then I caught the last 20 seconds of the last round. Then saw the highlights....so I can't really say if Tait should have won the split or not.

Personally, I'm glad Tait is gone. There's just something about that guy that I don't like. I think it might be the stupid looking beard.

From the way the fight looked to me, I though Tait dominated most of it. I was quite shocked when the decision went to Josh. I thought for sure they were going to stop it after Josh got busted open.