Ultimate Fighter 3

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BAH!

As much as I am a Shamrock hater...I wanted Tait to win this fight. But I'm still kinda glad Blue mohawk boy won....the whole thing about his kid was pretty touching---so good for him.

I just like Tait.....he stood up to Shammy and questioned him throughout the show. Plus I think he's Joe Rogan's bodyguard or some thing like that (heard that somewhere). Rogan is kewl.

I missed most of the fight unfortunately, my daughter was fussing right after the bell rang for the first round....then I caught the last 20 seconds of the last round. Then saw the highlights....so I can't really say if Tait should have won the split or not.

Personally, I'm glad Tait is gone. There's just something about that guy that I don't like. I think it might be the stupid looking beard.

From the way the fight looked to me, I though Tait dominated most of it. I was quite shocked when the decision went to Josh. I thought for sure they were going to stop it after Josh got busted open.

Really? Aw Feck! Now I'm gonna have to watch the replay and then bitch about it on all MMA forums.

lol not a big fan of the the beard myself, but he does have a massive noggin (much like the Mighty Haru), so Haru needs to be prayin for peeps like him.

"Dat boyz gotta massive heeeed! Like an orange on a tooothpick!" yup thatts me!

Ive been waiting since this show started to see Ed Herman fight. I mean i hear hes good, but we'll have to see if hes good enough to get the contract.

Our guy Doerkson beat him and Chris Leben both within months of each other. They're both Randy Couture boyz, so that means they'll be back with a vengance. I hope Ed kills everyone in his path. It'll just prove that Joe is that much better, that's all.

I def think the Tait vs Josh fight should have went to a 3rd round. In my opinion it was too close to call. I agree with how Dana White scored it. Josh-first round, Tait- second round. But obvously the judges saw something i didnt.

Also i dont think Josh is a strong enough fighter to get the contract. Maybe im wrong i dont know. But in my opinion he isnt.

YES! Ed Herman is finally fighting. He seams pretty confident hes gonna take out Danny. If i were to make a prediction i think Ed is gonna tear Danny up. But we'll see.

"I'm not kidding, that boy's head is like Sputnik; spherical but quite pointy at parts. Aye, that was offsides, wasn't it? He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight on his HUGE pillow."

that's from that mike myers movie right? so i married an axe murderer.

i'm gonna feel bad about this later, but since we are talking about huge noggins, what about jeremy horn?

http://www.fairtex.com/_images/news/166_lg.jpg

Total pwnage by Ed Herman this week. With Dana and everyone saying Ed looked terrible and had alot of ring rust, Danny must be a pretty bad fighter.

I had no doubt he would win. I think it went in knowing he was going to slaughter him and just didn't put out much effort. It should have been over much quicker then it was, IMO.

Total pwnage by Ed Herman this week. With Dana and everyone saying Ed looked terrible and had alot of ring rust, Danny must be a pretty bad fighter.

I had no doubt he would win. I think it went in knowing he was going to slaughter him and just didn't put out much effort. It should have been over much quicker then it was, IMO.

I agree. Ed should have finished him much quicker than he did. But speaking from experience.....he did receive quite the shot to the chops very early in the fight....and when that happens....you tend to turn a little "slow" when that happens.

My second fight , I was knocked out with the first punch! But bounced off the cage and into one of his knees which woke me up. After that I didn't do a damned thing but "hold on" for the next two rounds. I was gonzo.

The next season of the Ultimate Fighter will be called The Ultimate Fighter 4: The Comeback, and instead of unknowns, is going to feature 16 former UFC stars (8 middleweights and 8 welterweights) looking to make a comeback. This time instead of a contract, the winners are going to recieve a guaranteed title shot and a six figure cash prize.

Instead of team captains/coaches, they're going to have current UFC stars as advisors, including Randy Couture, Georges St. Pierre and Mark Delgrati (Muay Thai trainer).

Sounds like fun.

guarenteed title shot?! that sounds interesting.

any idea who these fighters are gonna be?

Rumored Fighters at Middleweight (185 pounds):

-Jorge Rivera

-Patrick Cote

-Charles McCarthy

-Keith Hackney (from UFC 1)

-Gideon Ray

-Mark Weir

-Edwin Dewees

-Travis Lutter

Rumored Fighters at Welterweight (170 pounds):

-Matt Serra

-Chris Lytle

-Shonie Carter

-Rich Clementi

-Mikey Burnett

-Pete Spratt

-Nick Diaz

-Din Thomas

My second fight , I was knocked out with the first punch! But bounced off the cage and into one of his knees which woke me up. After that I didn't do a damned thing but "hold on" for the next two rounds. I was gonzo.

ouch!

Yup! It was my second fight, and it was against John Fitch who was then undefeated with something like 6 wins (not sure exactly). Haru was undefeated as well with ONE big fat win (should have retired after that so I could have said I was undefeated ).

Jeremy Horn was the ref for that fight and he kept asking me if i was sure I wanted to get back in the ring for the second round (my left eye was swollen shut Rocky style). I was gonna give up when Pat Miletich came running over to my corner and yelled at me to get back in there....you're a warrior, etc etc. I thought "Holy Crap now I HAVE to go back in there, so as not to disappoint one of my heroes. I went back only to get guillotined about 30 seconds later. I also found out later Pat's fighter got a "buy" in that tourney and fought Fitch later that night while he was fresh. So ol Miletich had a little plan i guess....he just wanted me to wear down Fitch as much as I could. Fitch went on to destroy Miletich's guy as well. That dude's a killer. Glad he made it to the big show finally.

matt by decision, in one of the slow motion fight of the year. man matt look like he was fighting in slow motion with his punching atleast.

I know matt's right arm was hurt, but what was the other guys excuse?

I really expected more from the tattoo / street fighter guy.

I dont feel the fights are as good, or havent yet been as good as previous years.

I also think that folks are still getting hurt, even though they removed the tasks , so that folks wouldnt get hurt. I guess injuries are going to happen either way. it is a rough, exhausting sport.

Matt is a marked man now. You could see the other fighters looking him over while he was fighting. I realize that is goes on with every fighter, but some folks still really dont like matt.

I would be interested to know what is up with matt, as far as the way he was sick following the match. He is supposed to be a well conditoned athlete, I wouldnt think that a 2 round match would effect him that way.

I hope for matts sake his arm gets better.

Matt really did look like he was in slow motion. I missed the show last night but i went on to spiketv.com and watch some of the second round. And it looked like they both had been going for like 10 rounds. I just figured they both went hard in the first round and tired themselves out. After watching everybody fight im thinking i want Bisping and Kendall to win.

I was very disappointed in Matt's performance. He never seemed to take charge of the fight and he certainly has the capability to do so and easily. The man is incredibley strong. Hopefully more training will get him where he needs to be.

I also thought Shamrock's coaching was really, really good. You can really hear him clearly during the fight.

I was very disappointed in Matt's performance. He never seemed to take charge of the fight and he certainly has the capability to do so and easily. The man is incredibley strong. Hopefully more training will get him where he needs to be.

I also thought Shamrock's coaching was really, really good. You can really hear him clearly during the fight.

Matt could have finished the fight so many times. It's a shame he doesn't seem to know any submissions. He had Mike's back on a good 3 or 4 occasions where if he had just slapped on a RNC it would have been over.

I thought it was kinda funny that he had his hands down the entire fight, and was throwing a bunch of lethargic punches, and still pretty much totally dominated.