RFID animals

CollegeB

They're going to be putting RFID in US passports too, and in the packaging of alot of food sold in stores. All in all, RFID is not a technology that I agree with. I don't like the idea that US passports are going to be broadcasting radio signals to anyone with a receiver. Makes anyone who is carrying one abroad an excellent, and easy target for terrorist activities. People should be alot more concerned about that than using it to track disease in farm animals.

that is just scary!

How far will this go? They already treat animals as commodities, now they will be reduced to nothing more than barcoded product

I have read that scientists are looking into ways to breed cows without legs, so they will be easier to 'store" and milk. Don't know how much truth there is to that, though.

Actually Crashnburn, they do insert these chips into pets, for that very purpose.

kathryn I wouldnt be suprised if they are working on legless cattle, the Israeli's have already made featherless chickens...just gotta pick out the right genes.

Actually by may 11 2008 each US citizen will have a new NATIONAL ID CARD which will have RFID and bio identification.

www.nonationalid.com

I have been told there are cards like this already being implemented in countries around the world.

Actually Crashnburn, they do insert these chips into pets, for that very purpose.

kathryn I wouldnt be suprised if they are working on legless cattle, the Israeli's have already made featherless chickens...just gotta pick out the right genes.

Actually by may 11 2008 each US citizen will have a new NATIONAL ID CARD which will have RFID and bio identification.

www.nonationalid.com

I have been told there are cards like this already being implemented in countries around the world.

I am curious how this differs from SSN and State Drivers Licenses / IDs ? ie. SSN & Texas ID ?

Some countries have it, but not implanted with RFID. That would give BIG BROTHER too much insight into private lives.

I guess wildlife activists tag their relevant population to check for poachers etc.

They're going to be putting RFID in US passports too, and in the packaging of alot of food sold in stores. All in all, RFID is not a technology that I agree with. I don't like the idea that US passports are going to be broadcasting radio signals to anyone with a receiver. Makes anyone who is carrying one abroad an excellent, and easy target for terrorist activities. People should be alot more concerned about that than using it to track disease in farm animals.

RFID is a great technology. Depends on how you use it.

Tracking a shipment of 10,000 boxes using RFID is good. Forcing people to be tagged UNLIMITED is not.

If at all they want to make the process more seamless and easy using the technology, I'd like to see an RFID variation that allows you to turn it OFF / DISABLE it.. and turn it on for ID purposes when needed.

You dont want to be treated and tracked by Big Brother .. how Walmart tracks their inventory and supply chain network.

Sofar crashnburn it seems this national ID is the SSN drivers license etc. in one card. The main worry is the potential implications of the national ID. Also this ID gives the federal government more power, and will just cost people more money, and be inefficient. Why do we need a national card? My driver's license is fine, I cannot imagine having to apply for it through the Fed. system, it would take months.

I have read that scientists are looking into ways to breed cows without legs, so they will be easier to 'store" and milk. Don't know how much truth there is to that, though.

God that's horrible !

As for the RFID technology - if it goes through, what's to stop their next requirement for human registration to be mandatory ?

As for the RFID technology - if it goes through, what's to stop their next requirement for human registration to be mandatory ?

I'm sure they'd love to do that & eventually they will. To those in charge, the corporations & their human minions, the masses are nothing more than another resource to be managed & manipulated.

As for the cows without legs, I am once again shocked at the inhumanity of humanity. It's interesting to listen to people argue that what we do to animals is ok because "they have no soul." Our behavior signifies that we are the ones without a soul.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is a new article. I am very troubled with the government's further intrusion into private life/business, also this means an expansion of large agribusiness. Perhaps though there will be an increase in the cost of meat which will turn some away from it. However the costs will probably be absorbed by the industry because meat is already in lower demand and prices have fallen.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul326.html

Larger livestock operations will be able to tag whole groups of animals with one ID device. Smaller ranchers and farmers, however, will be forced to tag each individual animal, at a cost of anywhere from $3 to $20 per head. And NAIS applies to anyone with a single horse, pig, chicken, or goat in the backyard – no exceptions. NAIS applies to children in 4-H or FFA. Once NAIS becomes mandatory, any failure to report and tag an animal subjects the owner to $1,000 per day fines.

How many head of cattle will big-agra be allowed to cover with one ID device? I don't defend any part of the meat business but big-agra should not get special legislation to protect their business!

The intrusive monitoring system amounts to nothing more than a tax on livestock owners, allowing the federal government access to detailed information about their private property.

This legislation is shit.

I actually dont care about taxes on livestock owners. I disagree philosophically with the animals being considered their property, but that is how things are right now. Yet if you were to steal some of the "property" of the livestock owners you are not tried as a theif, your punishment is worse because you stole one of their animals. I guess if you stole a lamp you would be a theif because you stole property.