Body wieght Competitions

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, yeah I'm in. We need to get pics or videos of form up here to make sure we're all doing exercises the same way. If I kicked, swung, and went halfway up on pullups like most of the people I see at the gym then I could be doing twice as many reps..

Cool, yeah I'm in. We need to get pics or videos of form up here to make sure we're all doing exercises the same way. If I kicked, swung, and went halfway up on pullups like most of the people I see at the gym then I could be doing twice as many reps..

Hey pull ups are hard!~

Hmm.. kicking probably not.. but in the last few pull ups my body crumples up into a curve. Is that bad? I get 1-2 more out of this in the 2nd set.

1st set is all clean..

2nd in the end starts body curling position.

Is it that the CoG of the body is changed and the moment (mass x displacement) changes so it becomes easier since im decreasing displacement.

Ok you squares it's on who's up for beating any of these in one hour?

THIS COMPETITION IS OPEN TILL THE END OF MAY!!!

Dips:800

Press ups:1510

Chins:420

Calf Raises:4000

Squats:390

We don't care what level your at because it's all about pushing yourself and getting out of your comfort zone every once in a while and having a bunch of fun doing it! so no matter what you get still post your effort here anyway so you know what to beat next time!

Have fun guys!

Hey pull ups are hard!~

I hear ya. Actually I think swinging some, and doing partial reps is a good way to train when you're working on developing the strength for pullups. I was just talking about it in terms of this contest though, about having rules for form so everyone is on fair ground

Only 390 squats BB? If you do them everyday you should be able to do them nonstop for an hour within a few weeks. Should be able to hit one to two thousand pretty easy. But it can be bad for the knees.... (Also all that leg mass will weigh you down too much for other bodyweight exercises...)

I just might get 420 chins by the end of May...

Ok guys

Yeah Jay I really wimped out on the squats, I think I could of got 500,

I never did squats because they used to slow me down for sprinting when I played Rugby do I never did em.

I'm pretty weak on the chins and squats but as far as regular stuff I'll blow you guys clean owt da water!

Yeah (BW) squats just slowed me down too. They really didn't seem very functional. Just extra leg mass to lug around. Really heavy barbell squats can potentially increase sprinting speed though.

420 chins in an hour is really (extremely) good BB.

READ EM AND WEEP YOU SQUARES!!!!!

Well my intention was to do my new routine but I did 3 sets of 50 push ups and it didn't even touch me!!!

so I ended up sticking to the press ups and did an all time personal best of 1900!!!

This time I just kept on going and going, I didn't feel dead afterwards like I usually do either.

UMA BAAAAD MAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man worked out today and it was total laziness

but I'm allowing myself this one.

got a personal best of 22 chin-ups in one set.

Push ups, 60-50-50 reps

Chin-ups, 22-11-11 reps

Bench Dips, 20-20-20 reps

Upside-down Shoulder Press, 6-5-5 reps

Hanging leg raises, 20-20-20 reps

Squats, 3 sets, 30-30-30 reps

Calf Raises, 100-100-100 reps

Neck curls, 40-34-20 reps

I did a bunch of one arm pushups at home throughout the day Sunday until my upper body was fried. Then I really pushed myself and did a chest/tri/shoulder workout with weights at the gym on Monday. I'm going to rest those muscles for at least 3 or 4 days until they are fully recovered and then try to max out on one arm pushups per hour at the end of this week. I'll post numbers on here!

Sundays is mess around day and I did a bit of wieghts and a bit of calisthenics, ended up with a personal best of 50 dips in one set to go with my 20 chin-ups and 7 handstand pushups.

Awesome. Especially on the handstand pushups. Those are hard!

Today

Push ups, 60-50-60 reps

Chin-ups, 23-14-15 reps

Bench Dips, 40-40-27 reps

Upside-down Shoulder Press, 8-5-9 reps

Hanging leg raises, 15-20-20 reps

Squats, 3 sets, 30-30-30 reps

Calf Raises, 100-100-100 reps

Neck curls, 40-30-40 reps

I don't lie, check out my videos!....I didn't train for it I just did it....it's really not that hard to believe because it was broken down into sets.

You just keep on going for an hour and see what happens!

Maybe you should try it....