Chipotle-McDonal's free

CollegeB

Mmm so good. Haven't been there in ages, but I always get a burrito bowl (no tortilla) with rice, black beans, romaine lettuce, sauteed vegetables (peppers and onions), their hottest salsa (which is actually pretty hot, just how I like it!) and the corn salsa. Mmm, mmm, mmm. And it's HUGE!

i have been to chipotle's, and i have to say it's good, but i prefer Freebird's World Burritos. they never use lard and you can choose your flavor of tortilla (wheat, cayenne, or spinach). they have lots of options for both vegan and vegetarian. you can also choose the size of the burritos, the 1/2 bird, freebird, monster, or super monster. they are very filling, and i have never had anything bigger than the standard freebird.

i also like the fact that they do have some involvment in the communities there are in, like sponsoring the freebikes for kids and the bike to work day.

the problem is i think as of now, they only have texas locations.

• 1 month later...

The black bean is awesome...get everything on it thats vegan....you won't regret it...the salsas rock...the cilantro rice is great and the corn tops it all off...wait a minute...get extra guacamole too...if they are busy and ask for extra they rarely charge. For my birthday I had a friend that worked there make me a guacamole burrito...it was absolutely incredible...there was only guac and a little corn in it and it was the typicaly chipotle size too. I'll never forget it.

I've eaten at Chipotles a fair amount over the years and didnt find out their connection to McD's till a couple of years ago. I'll eat there if there's no better option conveniently available but this has only happened a couple of times in the past year and a half.

That said, I REALLY like their food! Not only for fast food, not just for "mexican-style" food, but even compared to most restaurants of any kind - Chipotle's has some of the tastiest and best quality food. I've tried at least 7 or 8 locations across the US and they've all been good.

I usually go with the black bean, cilantro-lime rice, lotsa guac and green (tomatillo/chile?) salsa!

Edited by loveliberate

I don't like the idea that their partial owners but I've talked to some vegans about it and they kinda changed my mind. Places the offer veg options could potentially stop if people get dissinterested...its a waste of money for them...but if it gets popular there is the the potential they they may eventually offer more items on the menu and this is good since tasty vegetarian items...labeled that or not can make the meat eaters try them and atleast for a sitting they aren't eating meat.

I don't like the idea that their partial owners but I've talked to some vegans about it and they kinda changed my mind. Places the offer veg options could potentially stop if people get dissinterested...its a waste of money for them...but if it gets popular there is the the potential they they may eventually offer more items on the menu and this is good since tasty vegetarian items...labeled that or not can make the meat eaters try them and atleast for a sitting they aren't eating meat.

Generally this is how I look at it. There are a few companies that I try not to support with any product purchases at all. Proctor & Gamble is one.

I can defininitely see the logic in and partly agree with your points. That said, I think that it's still better to support better businesses because the other companies will have to adapt or lose out when they see vegan /

vegan-friendly businesses making more money, getting bigger etc.

This already is happening with more and more products being clearly labeled as vegan. Anouther example of this can be seen with all the big corporate stores getting more and more organic products.

Proctor and Gamble is a no no for me...and now so is Tom's of Maine since they were bought out completely by Colgate...Jasons is better anyway...Kiss My Face is the best when I can afford it...especially the super awesome Aloe toothpaste

i was planning to go vegan, right now i have some questions when it comes to the kind of food that i will take... its hard cause im a first timer but i'll soon get used to it.

Hello & Welcome to the forums! Please post an introduction in the intro section. We're all first timers - the first time anyway... So what are your questions?

There's a Chipotle across the street from me so I eat there all the time. You can get tacos with beans, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. I've asked a couple of different people who work there and they both told me the guacomole has no dairy

One of my best friends worked there and his job before they opened was to make the guac and he confirmed its vegan status too.

I have seen guacamole made with sour cream and sold as guac and nothing else. It was in a Giant Grocery store(major mid-atlantic grocer). Of course its not real guacamole but it was being sold as that.