Nutiva hemp protein news

I was just at the site of my favorite hemp protein powder, Nutiva, checking out their prices vs. that of other suppliers, and see that they are coming out with three new hemp-based smoothie mixes. Three flavors: chocolate, berry pomegranate, and açai.

You can be sure I'll be one of the first in line to order them!

I've purchased the 5 lb. shelled hemp before and the product is of very high quality.

One thing that perturbs me a bit about the Nutiva company is how they take great pains to run down soy, not realizing that the reason it's been maligned has more to do with soy's growing market niche in meat analogs and non-dairy beverages than with actual science. I mean, if you are citing the work of Kaayla Daniel and Joseph Mercola, how firm are your facts anyway? These two are on a anti-soy disinformation campaign like nothing else. Should hemp foods realize a significant share of the natural foods market (and I have no doubt that in time it will), the tables will most likely be turned on hemp--that's just the game of denigrating the competition I guess.

I mean, if you are citing the work of Kaayla Daniel and Joseph Mercola, how firm are your facts anyway?

...These two are on a anti-soy disinformation campaign like nothing else. Should hemp foods realize a significant share of the natural foods market (and I have no doubt that in time it will), the tables will most likely be turned on hemp--that's just the game of denigrating the competition I guess.

I guess business is business But as far as factual denigration of hemp, that would be hard to do! It's such a fabulous resource. Everything can be made from hemp, it seems. The market is growing. But, you're right about it being demonized -- will probably be alot of the "this is a drug" propoganda, which will be echoed by conservative lemmings

Soy does get a bad rap. And most of it comes from agenda-ladened anti-soy groups. I do think, though, that isolates/powders should be avoided for optimal health. I think occasional tofu, yuba, tempeh, soy sauce, etc. are all okay, though, and some do have some benefits.

Hemp will grow in popularity! The only thing standing in it's way is the drug issue (you can hide non-industry hemp with the industry one). Easiest way would be to legalise cannabis and we would get rid of this question once and for all.

Hemp will grow in popularity! The only thing standing in it's way is the drug issue (you can hide non-industry hemp with the industry one). Easiest way would be to legalise cannabis and we would get rid of this question once and for all.

That would make sense, wouldn't it? Don't see it ever happenng though, at least not in the US. Our drug laws/policies are just plain stupid. When something as useful as HEMP is disallowed....

I think if Marijuana was legalized and well managed then people would be happier, be less likely to want to do alcohol or tobacco. LOL!

Essentially a lot of businesses will lose just by Marijuana usage.

To add to that HEMP will break business dynamics for a lot of people.

So.. in the interest of big business.. they have a THC based excuse.

I think one obstacle to legalization of hemp is that it IS often associated with marijuana. Hemp could easily be made legal without marijuana being made legal.

But the '' guilt by association' that connects hemp and the other cannabis isn't the only obstacle: it's companies that produce paper and fabric and oils and whatever else hemp can replace who lobby to keep it illegal. I've heard that a paper manufacturer and a textile manufacturer were very much involved when hemp was first made illegal.

I've heard that a paper manufacturer and a textile manufacturer were very much involved when hemp was first made illegal.

Correct--it occurred around the late 1930's and spearheaded by none other than the newspaper magnate of that era, William Randolph Hearst. That's why I'm now glad that the movie "Citizen Kane" was made. It was kind of like a 'turn about is fair play' sort of thing in my mind.

Interesting discussion.

Reminds me of the anti-renewable energy lobbying, vast sums of oil money and legislation fighting the large-scale use of solar, wind, geothermal- Senator Stevens from Alaska (big oil state of course) introduced legislation that made the proposed giant wind farm of Cape Cod illegal- what a prick!!

Anway, I just ordered 3 bottles of the Nutiva Hemp organic protein powder, I'll let you all know on the verdict-

Joel

Go to votehemp.com and you'll see that as of March 3, legislation has been passed to allow licensing for North Dakota farmers to grow hemp. This is a major milestone in helping to bring recognition to hemp and will finally allow the U.S. to compete with Canadian growers. In time, hopefully other states will be allowed to raise hemp as well, driving the costs of hemp based products downward to more reasonable levels.