rice protein and pea protein

Some one told me that because of the bioavailability of rice protein it is not a good protein powder to use. Can anyone confirm this and/or explain "bioavailability"? I think it has something to do with how much a person can assimilate, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I want scientific evidence. If it is the case that rice protein is not ideal, then what about pea protein? What stores carry it? Do I have to purchase it online? Any information will help. Oh, I dont eat soy so that is why I dont just use it. Thanks!

I'm not sure about rice and bioavailability (how easy it is for the body to make use of it). But hemp is very bioavailable. It's my favorite protein powder, with pea coming in second (I also take a pea/rice blend sometimes, and avoid soy isolates and concentrates).

I agree with Kathryn, and concur about isolates.

But, honestly, I think you just have to see if works for you. Everyone is different, and so what one person may absorb, someone else may not.

I find that hemp, nut, and rice proteins all work fine for me, though I don't need them; so don't take them every day any longer.

But hemp is very bioavailable.

I'll second that. With its very digestible globular edestin protein, hemp ranks near the very top for protein completeness and quality for muscle/tissue building and repair.

i am noticably stronger on rice protein shakes than i am on soy protein shakes. i don't know how much stock i put in the term "bioavailability". i am stronger than 99% of the gym rats who swear by whey protein whick according to the muscle comic books has the highest rated "bioavailability".

Thanks everyone! I bought some rice protein yesterday. I'll give it a try. I am trying to lose some fat so I am reducing my calorie intake and lifting heavy weights (not doing too many reps though). I want to make certian that I am getting enough protein so I dont lose muscle, or at least minimize muscle loss.