7-11 Slurpee Vegan?

I have been searching and I haven't found if it is or not.

I did read from one person on another forum that posted that the Diet Pepsi version was not, as it had Tagatose, which is derived from Whey. I also read from another forum that some of them get the color from ground up insects. The only ingredients that are for color that are from insects that I know of is Carmine, and if I am not mistaken, that's just for the color red.

Any ideas?

Carmine is a coloring extracted from the eggs of the cochineal beetle, which lives on cactus plants in Peru. The colorings are used in some red, pink, or purple candy, yogurt, Compari, ice cream, beverages, and many other foods, as well as drugs and cosmetics. And if that doesn't sound thoroughly ing, I don't know what is...!

I make it a general rule to avoid any food that bears a color not typically found in nature. Really, Kollision...what can I do to just get you to just imbibe water, grain/nut based beverages and pure fruit juice? Slurpees, yet...crimony! Zero nutritional value at an inflated price.

By the way, I posted a link to a Dec. thread having additional info on xylitol (under your Cadbury Schwepps thread).

Diet Pepsi flavour???

I haven't seen that one. I thought that the diet sodas didn't work in the machines for some reason.

Is it just the diet pepsi that has carmine? That IS pretty gross.

There's just something about a slurpee on a hot day though..........

Diet Pepsi flavour???

I haven't seen that one. I thought that the diet sodas didn't work in the machines for some reason.

Is it just the diet pepsi that has carmine? That IS pretty gross.

There's just something about a slurpee on a hot day though..........

No, it has Tagalose, which is derived from Whey, which comes from Dairy as you know. It's some type of sugar.

Really, Kollision...what can I do to just get you to just imbibe water, grain/nut based beverages and pure fruit juice? Slurpees, yet...crimony! Zero nutritional value at an inflated price.

Can't I ask a question? You are painting a picture that I ingest these things ALL THE TIME. It's a simple question that doesn't need to be pushed to something that wasn't even asked.

Same with the other thread. I didn't ASK about the health of sodas, all I asked was about ethical reasons. However that Xylitol thing that was brough up by Nik was pretty cool.

By the way, I posted a link to a Dec. thread having additional info on xylitol (under your Cadbury Schwepps thread).

Thanks.

Can't I ask a question? You are painting a picture that I ingest these things ALL THE TIME. It's a simple question that doesn't need to be pushed.

Same with the other thread. I didn't ASK about the health of sodas, all I asked was about ethical reasons.

You indeed may ask a question. I did not mean to come across in an offensive manner. Junk foods, well they just push my buttons I guess, sometimes I think nearly as much as animal products do!

IMO it's not at all ethical that corporations are concocting useless 'foods' that children (and even adults unfortunately) are becoming increasingly addicted to by coming with up with cleverly manufactured flavorings, colors, packaging and even artificial sweeteners, which yes, actually promote one's appetite!

I understand that in your case, you are not an abuser of MNV foods--you just caught be on a bad day. I loathe companies like Coca-Cola, but that's just me.