World Cup Soccer

Now you wouldn't be making early excuses for Italy already would you?

I agree that Czech Republic could be tricky but the US and Ghana are clearly not in the same class as Italy.

Relative to the other groupings, I think that Italy has a fairly soft group.

You would have to admit that it would be absolutely shocking if Italy didn't emerge out of that group.

No excuses, I'm just being realistic beacuse there's always a surprise team at the world cup and each team deserves respect. Over the last few years I've learned to be more cautious when it comes to predicting easy games. I still think it's a balanced group, maybe just group c is more difficult. Nevertheless I expect Italy to qualify but I think the other teams are capable of creating an upset.

I think B, C & F are MUCH tougher groups.

are you sure you're not overrating the US and Ghana?

USA just lost to Morrocco yesterday

I'm not trying to disrespect the other teams in the group but, Italy should have a relatively easy task of emerging from the group.

know what you mean though...upsets CAN happen.

• 3 weeks later...
Anybody watching?

I saw the Germany vs. Costa Rica game today. There were some sweet goals, but poor defense.

I'm watching as much as my wife will let me

Germany looks quite strong up front and in the midfield but the back 4 really worry me. They looked quite shaky to me.

The France & Switzerland tie surprised me a bit.

Germany plays tomorrow against Poland.

the Spain vs Ukraine game should be a good one

I'm not a huge football fan, but now that Australia is there, I must admit that my interest has increased somewhat... A nice 3-1 over Japan (What a game, controversial Japanese goals, which the ref later admitted wasn't a goal, and 3 Australian goals in the last 10 minutes, ) Next Australia play Brazil!!! I'm being realistic, so I am hoping for a draw...

• 4 weeks later...

I just can't believe Japan is even accepted into the World Cup...kinda like the US 5+yrs ago...they were allowed in but never really should have been let in since I could play a world cup game myself and loose just the same...lose by alot more but a loss is still a loss.

I think we've gotta look at what country has the most vegans first...then we pick out of those. Although if the girl in your pic is vegan I think I would marry her immediately so long as she never learned english...I doubt she has any brains so speaking Portugeuse would let me excuse her stupidity.

Let's just make sure we don't assume that because a woman is attractive she doesn't have brains.

I missed the World Cup Championship game because I was doing a Vega demo at the First Alternative but davidtarrfoster gave me the run down on how the game went.

I hope to go to the next World Cup in South Africa.

I'm not assuming that for good looking women but for sure I think I can assume that for this chick...it may be wrong of me but I'll do it anyway

As for the Swedish...I'm a big fan of them!!! I got to meet some of the Swedish women's national hockey team when I was 13 and I must say I was quite googly eyed