Robert's Training Journal - A Tale of Yeah's and Buddy's

I'm going back and reviewing this thread all the way back to page 1 and some of the early days just for fun.

I had some initial goals and many of them were achieved. Not all of them were, I never made it over 200 pounds but I did achieve some great things.

1. I made it back up to 195 pounds, the heaviest in my entire life

2. I did return to squatting for a while before hurting myself again

3. I took the motivation from my last place finish at a bodybuilding competition, used it as fuel for my workouts and dedication and returned to the stage and placed 1st in my first contest back and placed in the top 5 in every competition I competed in since my return (1st, 5th, and 3rd).

There are still many visions left to achieve and many goals that never got attained but I can feel some sort of satisfaction that some goals were attained and I can sincerely feel proud of my efforts over the past few years. I had a lot of obstacles, lots to overcome and some challenges proved to be too much for me. Others were met and conquered and I'm proud of what I was able to accomplish.

I will re-evaluate my progress and lay down new ambitious visions and goals for the rest of the year and into 2011. A lot of my visions will be outside the world of bodybuilding but I will outline specific bodybuilding goals as well and it will be fun to go back and review them in the future, just as I am doing now, 3 years after making a commitment to improve and succeed.

I look forward to a bright future and attaining the goals that continue to elude me.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice DRY !! I'm so happy you getting settle and feeling better ! What an awesome feeling.

I love Vision boards. The one I still have at the house. I think right now 10 came to reality.

I know next in line is a new vehicle, my passport and a destination point to Hawaii

I'll have to start another one very soon.

It is fun to go back and read over this journal that has been going on for 3 years!

I found that over the entire 3-year period, it was Zack who appeared to be the biggest supporter of my career during my ups and downs.

Many other names popped up a lot including xveganjoshx, DV, tasha, and others but Zack seemed to always be there from day 1 keeping me on my toes so that I could make this return 2 years after competing and finish 1st in a show and place in the top 3 at an NPC show.

Good times to go back down memory lane

I found that over the entire 3-year period, it was Zack who appeared to be the biggest supporter of my career during my ups and downs.

Many other names popped up a lot including xveganjoshx, DV, tasha, and others but Zack seemed to always be there from day 1 keeping me on my toes so that I could make this return 2 years after competing and finish 1st in a show and place in the top 3 at an NPC show.

Thanks man, I'm really impressed with how far you've come since then.

Thanks man....I went back and skimmed every single page, all 69 pages and saw your comments, feedback, suggestions, etc. more than anyone during that 3-year period.

I still have a long way to go, I fully admit that. But I am pleased with some things, like returning to the stage, coming in first, placing in the top 3 in my first NPC show and getting back to the mid 190's a couple of times during that run.

Many goals left to be fulfilled but I am happy to be well on my way for some of them.

Bodybuilding isn't even my #1 interest, so to find some success in something that isn't even highest on my list feels pretty good. Finding success in personal fulfillment through my speaking tours, my work success, my writing and my video projects has been very rewarding as well.

I just came back from 90 minutes of posing class.

Yeah Buddy!

Time for more calories....inspired by all the great physiques I see in class. I really need to step it up a notch whether bodybuilding is #1 or #3 on my list of priorities.

Back in action making it happen.

Thanks for helping me get through the past few years as a bodybuilder!

Do you have another goal in mind?

Like winning a time trial ?

The elk horn race is coming up really soon.... Just remember to put air in your tires before leaving the starting line.

I was telling my mom about the time we went to the Tour De Organics. I told her how much fun I had with you that day. And the I couldn't tell her about how you were riding on two flat tires to the meet up place. I was laughing too hard.

Bern's could hardly walk she was in tears too.

Oh remember how upset I was when you embarrassed me in front of JT. >:-)

• 1 month later...

I think the OA Tour is coming to Portland soon! I need to check the website to find out....haven't heard a thing, but figure it is coming up.

Time to challenge Bradley.

Took this from the website.

You should visit then Wash:

Portland Details

Date

Sunday, August 30th

More details to come!

It looks like Sebastopol and Portland are the only cities still doing the Tour.

Good job Portland! We hang in there!

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to bring this log back and mention this......as I'm trying to promote BB.com to get things rolling over there!

As you know I'm trying to get things rolling over at BB.com to show them that whey-free (and animal-free) supplements can be popular on the most popular bodybuilding website in the world (and biggest seller of supplements in the world).

If you buy VEGA from Bodybuilding.com http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sequelnaturals/sequelnaturals.htm

...you will get a FREE Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness t-shirt.

Just let me know when you've ordered VEGA products from there and the type and quantity (and I may toss in some packets based on your order selection) along with the t-shirt.

Thanks!

Let's send BB.com a message!

A quote from them today:

"Hopefully, this line really takes off. My brother is vegan and is excited we started carrying this line."

Web Store Manager

Order here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sequelnaturals/sequelnaturals.htm

Competition season is over more me and I will work to put on fat now. Eating is a challenge for me, stomaching all the food I need to and affording it...but I will push through and G.R.O.W.

Bodybuilding is still only a part of my life and probably #3 on my list of priorities or passions, but top 3 is a good place to be! And I just worked the Bodybuilding.com booth with a bunch of IFBB Pros so that helped motivate me to keep improving.

Many people are encouraging me to cross over to the dark side but I won't. (dark side meaning steroids). They paint a pretty picture of me being a really huge guy who's also vegan and taking my career to the next level, perhaps even having a greater impact in bodybuilding, on veganism, etc. but I'm not interested. But what I will do is get some of these big steroid guys interested in veganism

YB.

That's what we love most about you Rob. A mind of your own.

Not being pure pressured in any tobacco, drugs or alcohol.

Not one drop of drugs or alcohol... I still can't believe how great you are.

Much love and respect ! <3

I took two weeks off, aside from 1 gym workout and 3 aerobic workouts, and made my return today with a chest workout with one of our forum members who is jacked! Ed, who is a trainer at 24 Hour Fitness was my training partner. I was weak and skinny from running out of food, not sleeping, being stressed and 2 weeks away from the gym.

It was really pathetic. My body can change faster than almost anyone I know. I've dropped 6 pounds in 10 min, 9 pounds in 12 hours, and seem to lose 5 pounds if I don't go to the gym for a day

With shoes, pants, sweatshirt, etc. I was still under 180 lbs I was 188 just weeks before my contest and drop down to 171 on contest day....haven't had the calories to get back up there yet...but will soon.....anyway, I better get back to work....gotta monetize my efforts with promoting VEGA on BB.com !!!!

RC

Competition season is over more me and I will work to put on fat now. Eating is a challenge for me, stomaching all the food I need to and affording it...but I will push through and G.R.O.W.

Bodybuilding is still only a part of my life and probably #3 on my list of priorities or passions, but top 3 is a good place to be! And I just worked the Bodybuilding.com booth with a bunch of IFBB Pros so that helped motivate me to keep improving.

Many people are encouraging me to cross over to the dark side but I won't. (dark side meaning steroids). They paint a pretty picture of me being a really huge guy who's also vegan and taking my career to the next level, perhaps even having a greater impact in bodybuilding, on veganism, etc. but I'm not interested. But what I will do is get some of these big steroid guys interested in veganism

YB.

good for u RC!!! great 2 hear it!!

Someone posted this on my facebook page...it's from a while ago...many months back....RAINRA and a few others were there that day at a talk at Georgetown University in DC:

I looked like a bodybuilder! It seems like I'm already out of shape after two weeks of intense work and only 2 workouts...and eating more junk food.......but I'll be back and bigger soon....

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs149.snc1/5531_227222715719_500035719_8046394_6681444_n.jpg

It was really pathetic. My body can change faster than almost anyone I know. I've dropped 6 pounds in 10 min, 9 pounds in 12 hours, and seem to lose 5 pounds if I don't go to the gym for a day

I know exactly what you mean, I have the same kind of body.

Josh

I know this to be true for you.....I have seen you kill it with like 20 plates total on a leg press for 10 reps and I was extremely impressed.

I've also seen you transform like crazy over the course of a year, come out to Portland flex side by side in my livingroom and have you beat me on some poses even though I've trained for 8 years compared to a few for you.......and I know it comes and goes quickly for both of us.

My roommate even made a comment today about how skinny I am after two weeks of no money and no food and no gym....I didn't miss a workout for 6 months, killed it in the gym, ate like crazy, competed 5 times and in 2 weeks it's all gone

Ahhhhhh, the joys of bodybuilding

A sport of ups and downs

Another old school pic from Georgetown:

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs129.snc1/5531_227225130719_500035719_8046423_7246328_n.jpg

And this random one I saw.....nice!

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs129.snc1/5531_227226605719_500035719_8046429_6981826_n.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs149.snc1/5531_227226625719_500035719_8046431_4169327_n.jpg

Sorry Dry.

As a matter of fact I was disappointed with my BF Test yesterday.

And when she weighted me I was 8lbs less then 4 days ago. From 120 now I'm back down to 112.

But I keep hearing this voice in me, saying you need to.

I'm making this a learning step and going to work harder.

I need to get my weight up, build lean muscle and in four week my % will be down 9%.

You have always help me stay positive when I was there with you.

You would not be skinny if I was still there to cook for you.

You are so good at finding solutions.You'll sort it out.

Just giver Dry, you need to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpNkiZiXuG0

ahaha look at my hair. I look hilarious. I'm such a dork hey?

Be good and keep working hard like you always do ! <3

Hey, Robert, I've been away for awhile. Nice to read your blog again.

I have the opposite kind of body: mine likes to hang onto everything I put it through, including calories and work. Both types have their up and downsides. Just gotta try to keep pounding away!

Thanks guys...I try really hard...I still fall on my face and fail but I learn something each and every time I fail and that is how I succeed.

I had a long day, spent more time in my car than in my bed.....so busy these days! But killed it with Vega again this month (thanks to BB.com and thanks to Stormy who works with me in OR).

I'm finally making some good progress with $ and will be climbing out of debt soon.....if I owe you something...I'll get it sorted out soon. I have tons of documentary loans to pay back, etc. and if I can keep killin it with VEGA, I'll make that $ and I'll get things paid off and people paid back soon and it's really exciting.

Just got home around midnight and since I only slept a few hours last night, I better attempt to get more tonight.

No resting though just because the month is over.....I'm out to kill it with Vega everyday. It keeps me going and allows me to do all the outreach and activism I do.

Working on bulking up too....my girlfriend has better abs than I do, which I know isn't saying much since mine suck, and also more ripped biceps with sweet veins in them...it's so awesome! I am working on getting fat now so no worries there..she can stay ripped and I'll get some size on and I'm looking forward to it...I want to get fat...I have never been able to attain that....but this just might be the year. Not super fat, but clearly fat..that is my goal.... I ate a loaf of bread, chips, 3 sodas, multiple bowls of pasta, and also had salad, vitamin drinks, fruit, etc. so some "real food" too. But a lot of the bigger bodybuilders keep telling me I just have to get fat in order to get bigger and that is what I'm trying to do...as much as I can stomach.

Peace yo

I'm working on it

Eating a lot of pasta these days

Staying busy as hell...I don't seem to ever slow down even when I think I will....this has been an on-going pattern for years.....but lots of fun times are being had and lots of productive things being accomplished.

I've been uploading a bunch of pics and videos on my facebook page lately (Robert Cheeke)

YB!

Though my goal is to get fat, I'm kinda skinny right now! High stress, low funds, high workload, etc.

Off to Chicago this weekend but then coming back to eat big and will have money

Been working really hard and took about $6000 in Vega orders yesterday, sold a bunch of VEGAN women's shorts today (mostly via Twitter) and I've been monetizing both facebook and twitter pretty well with Vega.

Gotta get those loans paid back soon!

Yikes!

yeah buddy....back to work....gotta hustle!

RC

P.S. just got an @RobertCheeke tweet from @garyvee - awesome! hehe