Robert's Training Journal - A Tale of Yeah's and Buddy's

Amazing training sessions in Seattle!

More to come soon! Man, these guys are fun to train with!!!!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/seattle9.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Seattle6.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm taking my training to a whole NEW level! I've actually been too busy to update my log, which is too bad because I'm there 2 hours at a time hammering through training sessions, steamroom, sauna, hot tub, and then eating for 1-2 hours afterwards and every 2 hours after that.

More to come.....busy these days getting back on track......not just with the training but with the lifestyle!

Thanks

I've actually been training a lot lately! Everyday I've been hitting it for 1-2 hours with weights. I'm probably not even resting enough. I'm just working hard. I've been super busy with my 4 jobs in addition to the training so I haven't been keeping a detailed training log. Even today, I finally got to bed after 4AM. Just playing catch-up with work projects.

I'll start taking some naps too since I'm not sleeping as much as I'd like. Some jobs will be coming to an end in a couple of months so that is positive too. I can then just focus my energy on my main job with Vega and do a bit of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness stuff on the side. Being an event organizer is an incredibly large task and quite draining of energy. So when VegFest is over in May, bulking will be even easier to do.

Thanks

Here are a few more recent training photos:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/seattle19.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/seattle20.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/seattle21.jpg

I'm still training, in fact nearly everyday. I'm just busy 12-15 hours a day with projects so I can't keep up my log.

All of my posts are only about one sentence these days.

I have 3 weeks until competition!

I better go get to sleep. It's another late night!

I trained back and abs tonight.

I trained legs two days ago, arms yesterday and I'm not sure what I'll do today. Sorry for not keeping a detailed log, just been busy, preoccupied and have been doing other things.

But...I have been training, for a good 90 min-2 hours each day. I may bump that up as I am only 3 weeks away from competition!

Tonight I was the only one in the gym! Easter Sunday evening keeps people at home I guess.

I rode the bike for 45-50 minutes and then did about 8 sets of abs exercises and 4 sets of lower back exercises and headed home.

I had some oranges, grapes, bananas, bread with peanut butter, and Vega before going to bed.

Well, now it's late and I need to get some sleep. That is my biggest problem. I'm training, eating, but not sleeping quite as much as I should.

Off to bed now!

xdarthveganx and I were at the gym for 3 hours yesterday! Today I could barely get out of bed. Of course, I was also up until 2AM because I was helping my sister paint until after midnight, but I was just worn out.

I'm going to have to start napping as I get closer to the contest and will be training 2 or 3 times a day

I'll be back in the gym tonight and maybe train with davidtarrfoster, I'm not totally sure yet. My shoulder has some small injury or soreness from training hard 6 days a week so I'll do some lower body stuff today and focus a bit more on cardio.

I trained legs today.

I did about 4 sets of lunges with a barbell on my back with various amounts, up to 105. I did about 20-30 reps I think per set.

After lunges I did 4 or 5 sets of leg presses and then about 6 sets of leg extensions.

Then I rode a spin bike for 15 minutes and hit the sauna for 10 minutes. The whole workout was only about an hour this time, plus the sauna time.

I've been up late and have had some tired days but I think I'm still on good pace for the contest in 2 1/2 weeks.

I'm not sure what's on tap for tomorrow but I hope to run in the morning and pehaps do some weights in the afternoon or evening.

I just finished 65 minutes on the stationary bike and sweated like crazy. I was constantly changing the difficultly level so I'd really push it for a few minutes and then go at a recovery/relaxed pace and then pick back up, etc.

I did that for an hour and it was good. I went about 22 miles, burned 600+ calories and I hope to get back to the gym for 90 minutes or so tonight.

Nap time

Not with me screaming the whole time!!!!

I just finished another hour of training at night. I ran for a short bit 5-10 minutes and then I trained biceps, a bit of forearms, and a bit of triceps for nearly an hour.

I trained in the basement so I wouldn't have to travel to the gym and be up later. I finished around 10:30PM and I didn't get to take my nap earlier because 10 minutes after lying down and almost asleep, my sister called and I helped her for 2 1/2 hours with some house work (things I needed to do to get a bit of extra money).

Anyway, I just finished the workout and I'm eating a ton of Romain Lettuce, a bit of peanut butter on it, Vega, and I'll look for more things. I just had an apple too.

Not sure what I'm doing tomorrow, but hopefully resting a bit!

..................I thought I only had refried beans or peanut butter to put on my lettuce.....but I just found avacados. I had two of them! So I'm finishing off the lettuce with avacado.

I'm pretty poor these days which is frustrating, especially when the only money I spend is on bills and food. I don't buy clothes or watch movies or anything like that. I'm eating well enough to prepare for the competition and I have money coming in on Friday so it will be cool.

On another note....normally I don't like doing lunges but I really enjoyed them last night and I like doing bodyweight lunges one or two days after training legs to really stretch them out and burn them out. It feels pretty awesome.

I'll try to get to bed early tonight! A bit more avacado and greens and off to bed soon!

avocados are definately not something you can eat out east if your broke...they are normally over $1 each which is fine if you can just eat three a day and nothing else. How much are they in Portland???

I don't recall the cost in Portland but you'll find out soon enough!

Today I was going to take an "off" day. In fact I sat around most of the day in front of the computer. I also cleaned up the house a lot, DV came over and brought all kinds of goodies for me to eat, which was much appreciated, and then I ended up going to the gym.

davidtarrfoster and I went to the gym and then over to Proper Eats. I rode the spin bike pretty hard 15-20 minutes then trained abs and lower back for 30 minutes and then rode the bike hard another 15 minutes.

In total, it was 65 minutes spent training in some way, so it wasn't a tough day, and no "weights" except for some cables and machines for abs.

Tomorrow I'll either rest or hit some weights depending on how I feel. I'm only 15 days away now!

I'll try to get some photos soon.