Going to Germany in June

Cristian

Hey all,

as you may have read on other posts, I will be going to Germany next month for the world cup. I will be there from the 12th to the 23rd and who knows, maybe I'll get to meet some of our German members!

I will arrive in Hamburg and then drive to Hanover where Italy plays Ghana. After the match I will drive to Frankfurt where I'll spend the day (13th) until 3-4pm. That evening I will fly to Vienna where I'll spend few days with a friend. Then I will go back to Germany on the 17th, Kaiserslautern to be precise.

After that I'm not sure, I'm supposed to meet with some English friends but that's not been arranged yet. I'd also like to go to Berlin before going back to Hamburg for Italy's last game on the 22nd.

Anyway, if any of you guys live around the places I've mentioned, please get in touch and it'd be great to meet you.

Hey, Cristian ,

Sounds exciting. Actually, it sounds dangerous, lol. Aren't football games rowdy? And I can imagine the World Cup!

Speaking of rowdy, did you see THIS?

Kinda funny, but at the same time, I didn't realize that a lot of the problems at games were race-based!

Anyway, I hope you don't encounter too many hooligans Are you going to take pictures?

raven wrote:

Anyway, I hope you don't encounter too many hooligans Are you going to take pictures?

I hope so too! I don't think there'll be any trouble during matches, it's more likely to happen away from stadiums. It's usually few idiots spoiling the fun but I'm sure the German police will keep them quiet.

I will take pictures and post them when I return.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys, forgot to ask if anyone knows good vegan restaurants in the places I'll be visiting. I'm sure I'll be fine shopping in supermarkets but I'll mostly be on the road so it's useful to know where to eat.

The same applys for Vienna, is anyone been there?

Anyway, the world cup is only few days away and I'm leaving on monday, hope it will be an exciting, trouble free tournament.

I will arrive in Hamburg and then drive to Hanover where Italy plays Ghana. After the match I will drive to Frankfurt where I'll spend the day (13th) until 3-4pm. That evening I will fly to Vienna where I'll spend few days with a friend. Then I will go back to Germany on the 17th, Kaiserslautern to be precise.

After that I'm not sure, I'm supposed to meet with some English friends but that's not been arranged yet. I'd also like to go to Berlin before going back to Hamburg for Italy's last game on the 22nd.

Anyway, if any of you guys live around the places I've mentioned, please get in touch and it'd be great to meet you.

Concerning Hamburg take a look at this topic and in Berlin try this "fastfood and this small shop!

Enjoy your stay in Germany! I live in Muenster and work in the Ruhrgebiet (Bochum, Essen, Duesseldorf). I send you

I think Bronco or Kadette will be able to advise on Vienna?

What day are you flying out?

Have fun - the atmosphere will be amazing!

Hey Matt,

I'm flying out on monday 12th and you're right, the atmosphere will be great!

flanders77 wrote:

Concerning Hamburg take a look at this topic and in Berlin try this "fastfood and this small shop!

Enjoy your stay in Germany! I live in Muenster and work in the Ruhrgebiet (Bochum, Essen, Duesseldorf). I send you

Thanks for the links, I now remember reading that post and I'm looking forward to eating in one of the restaurants recommended.