Metaphysics

I've skimmed it but have never really studied it in depth.

One of my beliefs that I believe would fit in with theosophy is that all religions are worshipping the same entity/deity. They are just looking at the same idea from different points of view.

I always like to share this idea with people: polytheism just takes the qualities belonging to the omnipotent God and splits them up in the form of smaller/lesser gods.

I originally jumped into metaphysics because I found myself being drawn away from Catholicism. This, oddly enough, happened after I left Catholic school. I began to feel that there was something missing. Then I (sorry if I offend anyone) began to notice how corrupt many forms of organized religions are. And that's when I began studying metaphysics and later various religions and the occult.

Hmmm...very interesting

My interpretation:

In a way all religions are sacred but the corruption found within many of them makes you think otherwise.

Absorb some of these quotes by Aleister Crowley:

“If one were to take the bible seriously one would go mad. But to take the bible seriously, one must be already mad.”

“The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal.”

“I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.”

“In the absence of will-power the most complete collection of virtues and talents is wholly worthless.”

http://en.thinkexist.com/quotes/aleister_crowley/

You're in

Metaphysics, in my opinion, falls more under the category of religion. Different philosophies, however, can change it's definition.

For example:

Plato's Idealism states that there exists a perfect world in which there is a perfect form of every living thing, respectively, the world of ideas. The visible world is, therefore imperfect. This is more of a belief.

On a sidenote...23

Now if only an atheist were to comment here...