Facial Muscles

Your face is part of your body... A bodybuilder need not neglect their face.

DO you do any exercises for your facial muscles?

I started working out the muscles in my face a bit ago and it is a really interesting experience. There are so many different groups of muscles it might be easy to neglect one.

I realized I couldn't properly frown tonight when a friend was frowning in a crescent shape. My muscles couldn't pull my lips that far. Also another friend of mine could contract his lips and pull them to one side of his face but not the other.

i've found that exercising your facial muscles is good for it, since I started doing it I feel much more experessive.

I also started flexing my tongue and using it to squish garbanzo beans against the roof of my mouth

If I truly am not crazy and other people facialcize... What are your experiences or favorite exercises?

There are several books about facial exercise, mainly for reducing wrinkles and jowls, etc.

I've never really thought of exercising my facial muscle so I could frown better! That's an expression I really don't want to encourage on my face. (Though did you know it takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile? So you are exercising more muscles by doing it...but don't do it too much, or, as mom said, your face will stay that way! )

A friend & I debate this frequently. She says no way they help. I don't see why they wouldn't work - although I don't do any!

There are devices you can purchase that supposedly target specific muscles in the face. Here are some before/after shots of women who used one of those devices:

http://www.biof.com/onlinestore/facialflexbefore&after.asp

Google "facial exercies" & "facial toning device" for more links.

i used to do the lion yoga pose often. it feels great, but i just don't do it consistently anymore. you basically open you mouth as wide as you can, open your eyes as wide as you can, and stick your tongue out as far as you can. also you spread your fingers as far as you can. hold it for 10-15 seconds and build from there. i think i got over 30 seconds on one breath before.

There are devices you can purchase that supposedly target specific muscles in the face. Here are some before/after shots of women who used one of those devices.

Those "before and after" shots would make me LESS apt to believe it works. The only differences I see are in lighting (more shadows in the first photos, which make wrinkles stand out more) and angle (second set of photos down, 'before' photo is a full profile shot, 'after' photo has her turning her chin towards the camera) or difference of expression (smiling can make wrinkles look deeper).

If the device is legit, why can't the show 'before and after' photos that use the same lighting, the same pose, and the same expression?

I remember hearing thatl Flex device was first used by people suffering from strokes or something to that effect, and it did show improvement in muscle tone that was documented. But that hardly applies to people who aren't suffereing from such damage.

I say, just smile a lot, because the wrinkles that are there (and especially the weird pouchy things that can go from the nose to the edges of the mouth) get 'absorbed' into the expression, and just look like part of the smile rather than "wrinkles and pouches"

I say, just smile a lot, because the wrinkles that are there (and especially the weird pouchy things that can go from the nose to the edges of the mouth) get 'absorbed' into the expression, and just look like part of the smile rather than "wrinkles and pouches"

Smile!! That's the best advice yet!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
A friend & I debate this frequently. She says no way they help. I don't see why they wouldn't work - although I don't do any!

There are devices you can purchase that supposedly target specific muscles in the face. Here are some before/after shots of women who used one of those devices:

http://www.biof.com/onlinestore/facialflexbefore&after.asp

Google "facial exercies" & "facial toning device" for more links.

i watched the photos and oh my oh my - those exercises seem to give white teeth too