Cows

dorothy

I had a person say to me today ... You should drink milk at least because well it is just mean and cruel not to milk a cow because they are in pain if you don't. My response well if you didn't shoot her chlid in the head and call him veal then he could drink the milk and she wouldn't be in pain. And what do you think causes her more pain, full utters or watching her child die???

Even if there were such a thing as 100% cruelty free milk we still shouldn't drink it.

Milk causes so many health problems.

yup - it is freakin poison. And we are the only ridiculous species that consumes the dairy of another species even in adulthood. Morons.

Edited by compassionategirl

I had a person say to me today ... You should drink milk at least because well it is just mean and cruel not to milk a cow because they are in pain if you don't. My response well if you didn't shoot her child in the head and call him veal then he could drink the milk and she wouldn't be in pain. And what do you think causes her more pain, full udders or watching her child die???

Great answer dorothy ! And so very true.

On other animals drinking milk of otehr animals. There is some ant that captures some type of bug and enslave it to get milk from it. The ants take the bugs underground and lock them in rooms bound by some substance the ants make. Not sure type of ant, bug, etc. I saw this on nature show many years ago.

On the pain issues, I am fairly certain I read research that stated this is incorrect. The cow adjust milk production on milk loss. Pregnancy hormones cause milk to be made and if calves drink much, more is made, if none drank, the body quits producing it. No pain involved, as the body absorbs the unused milk over time. Do not quote me but as I recall that is an apt summary.

Not to mention the cruelty of restraining her in a rape rack & artificially inseminating her to keep her pregnant & 'nursing' for most of her adult life. When she is spent, off to the slaughterhouse with her.

People have no fucking clue what goes on in the dairy industry. Sadly, even if they did, most would rationalize this henious behavior to avoid the inconvenience of changing their life style.