LORDI!!!!

offense74

Lordi won the Eurovision Song Contest. It's so awesome and, of course I voted for them. Not only is it fun becaause of their cool oufits but it's the first time Finland won it. Next year the contest will be held in HELL-sinki!!!

For you who don't know the contest is usually won by numbed down country-like music but a lot of new styles have been successful since the public (instead of jurys) decides who will win. The contest is a big thing in Europe and a HUGE thing in Sweden.

Eurovision song contest for dummies.

Lordi

I love Lordi!! They rock, here in London a radio station (xfm 104.9) promoted them weeks before the contest and they came top of the UK vote. They also interviewed the lead singer who was great!

I managed to catch the final part of the contest and it was cool to see Lordi triumph ahead of cheap pop-dance morons!

Hard Rock Hallelujah!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/Rossella05/Lordi_avatar_by_Hofling.gif

French song is one of my research/teaching interests, so I know about Eurovision. Funny thing, the vast majority of songs that are presented (at least French ones) are never heard again after the contest.

And it's odd that Celine Dion once sang as the representative from either Switzerland or Belgium (can't remember what not-her-own francophone country it was).