Personal Bests in the Big Three

Brian (CollegeB) is the new King!

Hey Brian.......did you ever list your best lifts on here?

I mentioned mine somewhere in this thread I think but they are (not heavy):

Bench 245 x 3 reps

Squat 345 x 5 reps

Deadlift 337 x 3 reps

Keep on liftin!

Well Rob, they may not be powerlifting records, but they are still VERY HEAVY!!! I'd like to see 'joe average american' lift any of those weights. Heck, I'd like to see them lift anything other than beer and chicken wings.

Cool thread

Until now, i was the only vegan body builder i knew

My stats: 186cm height, 85kg weight - that's approx. 6'1" and 185lbs.

My personal bests are:

Squats: 180kg (~395lbs) for 10 reps.

Deadlift: 190kg (~420lbs) for 1 rep, 180kg for 3 reps.

Bench: 120kg (~265lbs) fpr 1 rep, 100kg (220lbs) fpr 10 reps.

I'm strongest in back exercises, weakest in triceps and shoulders, thus in all pressing movements.

My best body parts (in looks) are chest, abs and lat. The arms have yet to grow a little more

I'll keep you informed on new personal bests

So long,

the Daywalker

Good Lifts Daywalker,

I'll try to catch up to you!

Yeah, there are lots of vegan bodybuilders out there and we're all finally discovering one another from the use of the internet.

I'm really glad to have you here, you have lots of vegan muscle!

When is your next contest? I believe mine is October 15th (meaning I won't be at the Olympia this year).

Take care,

Robert

Yeah, there are lots of vegan bodybuilders out there and we're all finally discovering one another from the use of the internet.

That's true! The Internet is a cool thing, really...

I met the first vegans via the www 4 years ago, before that, i was the only vegan i knew... but then again, i was proud to be the only vegan, then, too

When is your next contest?

As soon as i have gained 15lbs of lean muscle, that is when... I don't know what shows you are competing at, but here in Germany, there are no natural BB shows (they claim they are all natural ). I have to stand up to steroid users, which is sometimes frustrating, sometimes rewarding. But with my height, i simply need more mass before i compete again. When i do, it'll surely be the men's fitness category, not the physique class.

I believe mine is October 15th (meaning I won't be at the Olympia this year).

How long is your pre-contest preparation? How long before the contest do you start changing the diet, the work out, practising the posing routine?

Cool thread

Until now, i was the only vegan body builder i knew

My stats: 186cm height, 85kg weight - that's approx. 6'1" and 185lbs.

My personal bests are:

Squats: 180kg (~395lbs) for 10 reps.

Deadlift: 190kg (~420lbs) for 1 rep, 180kg for 3 reps.

Bench: 120kg (~265lbs) fpr 1 rep, 100kg (220lbs) fpr 10 reps.

I'm strongest in back exercises, weakest in triceps and shoulders, thus in all pressing movements.

My best body parts (in looks) are chest, abs and lat. The arms have yet to grow a little more

I'll keep you informed on new personal bests

So long,

the Daywalker

You are pretty strong mate. How much can you do in lat pulldowns, since you said you are strong in back? The big 300?

@Jonathan:

Thanks for the link, but not now... i'm too busy, i shouldn't even be here right now...

You are pretty strong mate. How much can you do in lat pulldowns, since you said you are strong in back? The big 300?

I'M strong? YOU'RE strong! 405 on the bench!

Did i say i was strong in the back? ... I meant compared to the other muscle groups... chest, shoulders, triceps.

I haven't done lat pulldowns for quite some time now. I usually do pulldowns with extra weight. I can do 10 pulldowns with 65lbs, and 5 with ~95lbs. I should be able to do ~8 reps with 265lbs on the lat machine, which is the full stack around here

I love dumbell row, i use 120lbs for a good set of 10 reps.

I think it's hard to compare training weights in the lat, though, as it strongly depends on the form.

• 2 weeks later...

My bench max is 286lb(130kg). But I am not that strong anymore. I used to check after every training how much I could bench, and 286lb realy was just a one time thing.

I don't know what the rest of the excercises are, and I don't think I do them becouse I only do bench pressing and free weight training. Squating I do know, but don't know my max.

The 130 kg was about 6 months ago, I guess. Then there was a period in April in which I had a card with which I could go to the gym for free during a month. The advice the trainer there gave me, screwed up my strength. Me and my buddy both went back in strength. So we didn't even finish the month at the gym. But when we were back in the garage where I always train, I could only do 3 reps with 85 kg, instead of the 7 reps I did the training session before I went to the gym. I don't know what happened, but I guess I did to many sets there, and broke of more muscle than I could restore. Now I am still sort of recovering, but I recently got 120 kg up again.

But the time I lifted 130kg, I tried 150 kg first. And then I tried 130kg and it did not seem that heavy:)

I am now training more than a year, and results are getting fewer(but still there). I hope to lift as much as kollision one day, but I think I will be a lot older when I am finaly able to lift that much:)

good stuff. shame that the gym messed you up.

also, im impressed that you have only been training for just over a year - what kinda weights were you pressing when you started?

i will be 2 years next month since i started training - i started with a max bench of about 35kg then!

jonathan

I used to do 50 push ups a day for a long time before I started training weigths. I also did Kung Fu for 2 years. When I started with bench pressing I used 65 kg for the sets. I only benched a maximum of 80 kg back then. I started training with a buddy. My buddy eats a lot of meat, I don't eat any at all. The gains are just the same, except I can bench press 10 kg more, but he is gaining up on me(logical, since he is 15 cm taller than me). I have also experimented with protein shakes and creatine, but it did not provide me with the results that are stated on the bottle so I don't waste my money on them anymore.

quote:

i will be 2 years next month since i started training - i started with a max bench of about 35kg then!

Then you gained more strength than me, becouse I only went up 50 kg and you about 90 kg.

• 3 weeks later...

Last fall all my PRs were as follows:

Squat - 475 lbs.

Bench - 280 lbs. (I bench about 3 weeks out of the year, if even that much)

Deadlift - 545 lbs.

All lifts are done raw, usually in jeans or cargo pants or whatever I'm wearing when I get off work. Don't use straps, belts, suits or anything else of that nature either. Totals are a bit lower now from being ill and injured for a good portion of the past 8 months, but since I'll be competing again in November I've got to work it back up to better numbers. I'll start posting my training logs here one of these days to keep record!

Ryan

Yes, benching is something I definitely need to do more. I just always get sick of it just as I start to head to new PRs and I bail out on it quickly. As Sensless from the VF board tells me, I would probably be making 350 or better if I'd actually do it for a year solid, so perhaps it's time to get on it. There is something wrong when my overhead press is tied with my bench, that's for sure!

Ryan

• 1 year later...