Chris' Training Stuff

Had a break over the Christmas New Year period, so feeling Very Fat and Lazy...

I ate way too much, so have put on fat

Going to concentrate on cutting body fat back in a big way in the next 2 months so I look Fab for Mardi Gras, which is at the begining of March.

I will still lift as heavy as possible, but Not likely to get any PB's for the next little while, whilst I concentrate on Cardio.

Back to the gym tonight, so I think that will be a shock to the system...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Workout was really tough going, so all in all I was pretty disappointed in how much I lifted etc...

Not sure if it was the break or the effects of New Years eve

Dumbbell Bench

1 x 10 x 100

1 x 8 x 100

1 x 7 x 100

1 x 8 x 100

(Rubbish, just couldn't get the reps out)

Incline Ballistic Chest

4 x 20 x 100

Pushups with 1 hand on ball

4 x 20 (10 each side)

Dips

1 x 9

1 x 8

1 x 3 - seems hauling my fat arse around isn't good for dips

Skull Crushers SS close grip bench

3 x 10 x 120 SS 3 x 10 x 120

Rope Push Downs

3 x 10

20 mins cardio

I probably don't have time to keep a food log every day, but I figure I might as well put a typical Weight loss days food up here for all to see.

Breakfast - Special K or Muesli or similar (Probably should point out Special K is a breafast cereal that happens to be vegan, although I'm sure if I had Ketamine for breakfast it could make it an interesting day)

Morning Snack - Fruit + Protein shake

Lunch - Varies a lot put something with lots of veggies and some protein - Falafel rolls, wraps, tofu salads etc

Afternoon snack - Fruit and nuts

Pre gym - Banana

Post work out - fruit juice or something similar

Dinner - Salad with tofu or tempeh, stir fry with lots of veggies + tofu or tempeh.

I drink water throughout the day, plus A LOT of Green Tea.

Thats pretty much a typical day I guess.

Not much food for someone your size..?

I think me and Sydney have about the same metabolism and I can say that the diet would be accurate to loose weight with if some cardio and weight lifting is involved. If I was sedentary I could probably gain weight on a similar diet...

Not much food for someone your size..?

I think me and Sydney have about the same metabolism and I can say that the diet would be accurate to loose weight with if some cardio and weight lifting is involved. If I was sedentary I could probably gain weight on a similar diet...

Yeah Offense has got it in one.

I have a slow metabolism, I can gain weight on 1800 calories a day, so to lose weight I have to try and keep around 1500 calories or less.

Pull Ups

10, 10, 10 ,10

1 arm Seated Row

3 x 10 x 176

1 x 10 x 187

Wide Grip machine T-bar row

1 x 10 x 165

3 x 10 x 180

Reverse Grip Ezy-bar curls SS Dumbbell Bicep Curls

3 x 10 x 77 SS 3 x 10 x 45

Arnie Press

3 x 10 x 60

Seated Lateral Raises

3 x 10 x 27

Walked home from the gym which is about 5 km.

Saturday

Dumbell Bench

1 x 10 x 105

1 x 6 x 110

1 x 6 x 110

1 x 4 x 110

1 x 5 x 110

(Went to a different branch of my gym and they had heavier Dumbbells Still not quite heavy enough I want to find some 120s )

Incline Dumbbell Bench

4 x 10 x 77

Cable Flyes

4 x 10 x 50lbs

Skull Crushers SS close Grip Bench

3 x 10 x 100 SS 3 x 10 x 100

Dips

10, 9 8

Rope Push Downs

3 x 10

Edited by sydneyvegan

I have decided my workout log needs to be a bit more interesting, so I will be including some of my thoughts, observations, interesting things that happened to me etc.

Here is the first one.

I appear to have some sort of Glitter Gland. I find it on myself almost every day. Sometimes it can be 1 tiny little flake, other days it is everywhere. I have no idea where it comes from, I don’t own anything with glitter on it or in it. So I’ve come to the conclusion I have a gland somewhere in the middle of my chest, just between my pecs, which excretes a small but steady supply of glitter, guess it just makes me that extra bit Glam.

Hack Squats

1 x 10 x 264

1 x 10 x 396

1 x 10 x 396

1 x 10 x 396

1 x 8 x 396

Incline Leg Press

1 x 10 x 440

1 x 10 x 616

1 x 9 x 750

1 x 8 x 750

Calf Machine

4 x 20 x 220

Good Mornings

4 x 10 x 77

Mainly a stretch as my legs were absolutely smashed by this point. They felt like jelly were quivering and I had to hold on to the railing to walk down the stairs, all in all a good workout

Walked home from the gym which is about 5km, a little slower than normal, but it got the bugs out of my legs.

I think gyms should have a special section for New Years Resolutioners.... It might sound a little harsh, but they do my head in, they stand around with friends finding out how to do Bench or similar (Chest, biceps a bit of Back and then they are out of there) meanwhile you stand around getting cold. They will get disheartened in 6 weeks when they don't have rippling abs and a massive chest and go back to sitting on the couch, so at least I have that to look forward to...

These tend to be the same people who come up to me and say, oh your so lucky being that big etc, etc... NO it's not luck it's called hard work. Try going to the gym 5 times a week for several years and you might be able to add some size and keep it....

Bench

1 x 10 x 220

1 x 6 x 242

1 x 5 x 253

1 x 5 x 253

1 x 5 x 220

1 x 20 x 132

Incline Dumbbell Bench

3 x 10 x 82

Dips

10, 10, 8

1 arm Push Downs

3 x 10

Rope Push Downs

3 x 10

Walked home - 5kms

My housemates boyfriend had his dog at my place last night, as it had just had surgery to remove a few cysts, Everything turned out fine and he looked happy although he was still a little out of it. I couldn't help but notice the resembalance he had to people you see when your out and about in nightclubs, after looking at the bill for the opperation, it turns out they were on the same drugs....

Hi SV!

Out of curiosity: How tall are you and how much do you weigh? I've read through this thread and this regime you have going is good.

Patrick

Hey Patrick,

I'm 192cm (6'3) and around 106kg (233lbs)

I try and workout consistently and that seems to work for me.

Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about Metaphysics, psychics and all that sort of stuff. I’m naturally a real skeptic when it comes to this sort of thing, but then I dated a guy last year that was a spiritualist etc who knew things about me and my family that I have told absolutely no one. He had no way of knowing these things, yet he sensed them or something. It was not something that happened once or twice, it was more like 30 or 40 times. A few things have happened to me lately that have made me think. The latest one was I knew someone (ummm an ex actually) was in a shopping centre as soon as I walked through the door, I even knew where he would be. It was such a strong feeling I had to go to the spot where I thought he would be, and he was there!!! I guess I’ll have to see if something like this happens again.

Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about Metaphysics, psychics and all that sort of stuff. I’m naturally a real skeptic when it comes to this sort of thing, but then I dated a guy last year that was a spiritualist etc who knew things about me and my family that I have told absolutely no one. He had no way of knowing these things, yet he sensed them or something. It was not something that happened once or twice, it was more like 30 or 40 times. A few things have happened to me lately that have made me think. The latest one was I knew someone (ummm an ex actually) was in a shopping centre as soon as I walked through the door, I even knew where he would be. It was such a strong feeling I had to go to the spot where I thought he would be, and he was there!!! I guess I’ll have to see if something like this happens again.

That's cool I have had things similar to that happen.

Hey Patrick,

I'm 192cm (6'3) and around 106kg (233lbs)

I try and workout consistently and that seems to work for me.

Thanks SV.

The reason I asked is the weight you are pulling and pushing is solid. You weigh approx. 20kg more than I.

See you are DownUnder, and after legs it's good to go for a walkabout, right?

I've got a way to go to meet the weight you are tugging, but getting there slowly.

Curious: How do you (and this question goes out to all). How do you get ripped, or defined. Do you all cut carbs and increase protein? any suggestions would help.

Take it easy.

Great log.

Patrick

Curious: How do you (and this question goes out to all). How do you get ripped, or defined. Do you all cut carbs and increase protein? any suggestions would help.

Take it easy.

Great log.

Patrick

I've never been really ripped, but when I want to cut back my bodyfat, I cut out pretty much all the simple carbs (Pasta, Bread, White Flour etc) eat even more veggies than normal, start doing cardio at the end of my workouts and/or do a lot more walking.

At the moment I'm on a big push to reduce my bodyfat and so far it is working really well. I'm walking about 30kms a week as well as lifting heavy weights and I am watching my carbs. I've lost about 10lbs since Christmas (admittedly a lot of that was probably caused by Christmas, but oh well) but I haven't really lost any strength. I guess I'm not really eating any more protein that normal, but I normally eat a good amount as I train all the time anyway.

I've never been really ripped, but when I want to cut back my bodyfat, I cut out pretty much all the simple carbs (Pasta, Bread, White Flour etc) eat even more veggies than normal, start doing cardio at the end of my workouts and/or do a lot more walking.

At the moment I'm on a big push to reduce my bodyfat and so far it is working really well. I'm walking about 30kms a week as well as lifting heavy weights and I am watching my carbs. I've lost about 10lbs since Christmas (admittedly a lot of that was probably caused by Christmas, but oh well) but I haven't really lost any strength. I guess I'm not really eating any more protein that normal, but I normally eat a good amount as I train all the time anyway.

Thanks a lot SV. I'm trying to get defined, but not necessarily ripped per say. (It wouldn't hurt though)

I have to give it a try because I am trying to lose some belly fat, not that I'm fat. I weigh ca. 84-86 kg and am 1'85 cm. And I try to eat clean as possible and am Vegan.

?: When you cut out carbs, do other sources of carbs, such as veggies, even frozen ones and fruits provide you the energy needed to sustain the weight you are pushing/pulling?

I have to educate myself on the carbs aspect because I do not eat any White Flour, Bread of late (when I do it's dark whole grain bread), pasta, etc.

Though I eat grains such as Millet, Quinoa, and Spelt. After training, my body craves carbs. Do yiu get that too? I guess I need to replace it with more protein. And I am an olive oil fanatic.

Thanks for your input and feedback.

Patrick

Have you been able to get on the mountain bike at all. One completely out of shape 24 hour race would cut a lot of fat if you could live through it.

Have you been able to get on the mountain bike at all. One completely out of shape 24 hour race would cut a lot of fat if you could live through it.

I haven't thought of that. I know biking is really good for fitness. I run, but maybe I'll give that a go.