Blood type diets

One of my co-workers is on it. She was all excited when she found out that her blood type could eat red meat. She said "I know you don't eat meat, but it's great for me, I can't live without it". Made me want to puke when she was talking to me! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/wuerg/vomit-smiley-007.gif

That is certainly a huge disagreement of mine. But one interesting point is myself and a vegan friend are both type A which are recommended to be vegetarian. http://www.drlam.com/blood_type_diet/index.cfm. I would imagine we have other people on the board that are different blood types and should eat meat according to the blood type diet, but clearly you dont and are doing well. I've read plenty of evidence against this diet, and it says I shouldnt eat bananas and oranges. It gets two vegan thumbs down. [/url]

CollegeB,

Personally, I don't put any stock in the 'blood type diets' for the simple reason that animal products are in no way compulsory to one's diet regardless of one's type.

I had this argument once with a health food store owner who stated that her blood type would not allow her to get off meat--what a cop-out! I really told her what a load of BS she was spewing. Then she proceeded to tell me she had never met a healthy vegetarian. I just rolled my eyes and thought, "well, I see where you're coming from, lady".

Typing one's diet on the basis of their blood composition is just one more means of hawking a dietary plan based on (pseudo)scientific principles. It all sounds so clinically accurate and up-to-date, as it were...

I had this argument once with a health food store owner who stated that her blood type would not allow her to get off meat--what a cop-out! I really told her what a load of BS she was spewing. Then she proceeded to tell me she had never met a healthy vegetarian.

It's sad that this lady is in a position to give "health" advice to people.

I put the blood type type in with all the other fad diets: Atkins etc..

You may loose a little weight initially, but in the end they all fail.

It's just some hook (aka: B.S.!) to get people to buy books.

Do you really think people in the past ate different diets because of their blood type?

Maybe people buy into this because they think it is somehow more "scientific" because it's 'based on blood type." Makes as much sense as the "hair color diet' or the "eye color diet" or the "shoe size diet"!

It's just some hook (aka: B.S.!) to get people to buy books.

Do you really think people in the past ate different diets because of their blood type?

Maybe people buy into this because they think it is somehow more "scientific" because it's 'based on blood type." Makes as much sense as the "hair color diet' or the "eye color diet" or the "shoe size diet"!

Earlier today I was going to make up the "Day of the week that you were born on diet".

• 3 months later...

I think diets by blood type is bogus. There is a book called the China Study that was recommended to me that talks about these fad diets. I keep meaning to read it, but life keeps distracting me... anyone read it (or maybe this should be another forum topic)?

I think diets by blood type is bogus. There is a book called the China Study that was recommended to me that talks about these fad diets. I keep meaning to read it, but life keeps distracting me... anyone read it (or maybe this should be another forum topic)?

There are 2 books you need to read about diet "The China Study" and "Eat to Live". The difference between these two books and most other diet books is that they are based on science instead of populism.

What other mammals eat according to their blood type? Wouldn't it be awesome if only 1/3 of the lions ate meat because their blood type demanded it? We would see lions on the savanna eating bananas and leaves and maybe a few zebras munching on baboons.

Of course it's BS

• 4 weeks later...

Evolution isn't credible...which is the exact reason why I can't live on this planet anymore...as soon as I get enough money I'm on my way to our home planet...any takers. The planet VEGA has VEGA trees and VEGA powder for soil...its a great place....I've seen photos of it.