BIGBWII's One arm chin up Quest

Thanks Will....I think I've still got a lot of foundation work to do yet, my form will get better as I go...I'm not worried about that...I wanna be strong and confident with these OAC's and I'm not there yet.

Ravi...I think my pb for chins is 36-37 in one set.

Rav my best for two arms is in the mid 20s which I hit probably about 6 months ago when I was training for max reps per hour. I train for one arm chins now with the gravitron machine too. It's the perfect tool for incrementally switching over from the 2 arm load to 1 arm load

Big I know what you mean about the form. I'm pretty strict about my form with 2 arm chins, but 1 arms are so challenging I say just get up there any way you can. Kick, scream, wiggle, whatever you have to do! If you can master them with good form then you'll be blowing everyone away

• 3 weeks later...

I was attempting them every other day and my grip was just getting weaker and weaker till I can't even hold on at all with my left hand. Not sure what that's about but I quit eating blueberry smoothies these last few weeks after having one every morning for the last 6 months..... I vaguely remember a study that the lots of blueberries helped nerve function....

Also I pulled/hurt? my right lat yesterday attempting one. Doesn't seem serious though.

Anyway, that's great BB! But I want to see your chin above the bar.

Have you tried holding on your upper forearm/wrist instead of your bicep...thats how my big sister used to do them...I can't remember how many she could do but it was definatly over 10...doubt she can do a regular chinup anymore though

Yeah he's tried and have I and of course those are much easier. The idea is to make it harder and harder, then just use one arm altogether.

I ate a couple blueberry smoothies and my grip totally came back. Also my lat got totally better and I had my best one arm pullup workout. I switched to OAPs instead of OACs becuase it's much easier to not end up spinning around with OAPs. Unassisted I got up about 1/3rd of the way.

Now today I had some bloodwork and I think the lady jabbed the needle in my tendon! Then she wasn't paying attention and the needle slipped out and blood was spurting all over my shorts!

Now I got a hard bump in the crook of my elbow... think I'll take a little break from OAPs....

• 8 months later...