Sexist Language

loveliberate

Well technically speaking the urethra does all the peeing...although it is close it is not quite the pussy...unless of course your speaking of astrocat as she as a whole is a self proclaimed pussy.

Prick ( English slang for the male organ - see it works both ways, men just don´t kick up much of a fuss on these things )

Prat

That's not the same, at least not in how I've seen the word "prick" used, as our gender isn't being insulted by women as being weak or inferior...

English Tagalog translations...its weird but you don't need to know any of the language to pick this stuff up.

Prick/Peter = Peck Peck(I'm not kidding)

Sausage = Longoneesa(not kidding about that either)

Pussy= Tessy or Pepe (said like this peh peh)

NONE of these are insults but who cares...the words are funny and maybe they should be insults

Prick ( English slang for the male organ - see it works both ways, men just don´t kick up much of a fuss on these things )

Prat

That's not the same, at least not in how I've seen the word "prick" used, as our gender isn't being insulted by women as being weak or inferior...

Not weak and inferior, but a prick is someone who is really irritating. Same with cock, dick, bell-end... and let's not forget that bollocks means rubbish. All pretty male-oriented derogatory words.

Prat

Not weak and inferior, but a prick is someone who is really irritating. Same with cock, dick, bell-end... and let's not forget that bollocks means rubbish. All pretty male-oriented derogatory words.

I agree with Richard and Tarz. When women (at least women that I have met and know) call somebody a prick or a dick, we mean they are an ass***le. An assh**le certainly isnt superior to a nice human being; it is obviously inferior, meant to insult by reference to male genitalia. So at least on a superficial level, it is the same thing in my view.

I think it may be as derogatory but in most cases men just laugh...I know I do if me or one of my friends is called prick or dick or prick and dick. Being called a pussy bugs most men so its not quite the same. Maybe it should be but it isn't...personally I can't remember the last time someone tried putting me down and succeeded...I normally utterly enjoy it...don't really do it to others and it takes quite a bit to bother me other then when it deals with an asshole in a car and me on my bike...but when people say things to me its almost always the light of my day.

I do not often talk through my ass, although it is certainly true that my ass can talk.

My ass has expressed the utmost offendedness at the use of 'asshole' as a form of derogatory insult.

My ass expresses that assh0les are really very useful and beneficial - it thinks that it is ironic that people insult assh0les, while at the same time absolutely everybody has one, and most people even make use of them on a daily basis.

It's like the ultimate fashion-trend or something, and they don't seem to be going out of season.

let's hear it for assh0les !

I have a GREAT idea!! How about we form a nice lynch mob and go string this offensive person up! I say we hang em! how DARE they not show compassion by writing something offensive.

All jokes aside, I don't know what the big deal is. Why are you offended by this person using the word "pussy", who cares?? It's only a word, and words only have power over you when you choose to let them.

It's seems that this person cannot relate to cardiovascular fitness. I have the utmost respect for endurance atheletes. It takes alot of HARD work to condition the body to handle that kind of stress. Just like it takes alot of hard work to lift huge weight.

My wife was offended when I used the word "puke". But to me, that's how dinner tasted.

I agree...what makes a word offensive other than if it offends someone. Dike, and queer used to be an extremelely offensive word but not for the most part the gay community has accepted it as ok to the point that organizations have those words in their names. Both of those words bothered me until I found this out. I don't use them but I don't see them as offensive anymore if those that were offended are no longer offended by it.

I agree...what makes a word offensive other than if it offends someone. Dike, and queer used to be an extremelely offensive word but not for the most part the gay community has accepted it as ok to the point that organizations have those words in their names. Both of those words bothered me until I found this out. I don't use them but I don't see them as offensive anymore if those that were offended are no longer offended by it.

I'm offended by the number of times you used the word "offended" in your post. this offends me quite considerably!

I'm offended about you using the word offended. It offends me that someone would be so offended by something so unoffensive in a manner that should not offend anyone in an offensive way whatsoever.

Prat

Not forgetting knob, then there are the variants such as dickhead, knobhead....

I dont have much to add that I didn't say in my original post except this:

I think it's pretty sad and telling that folks continue to try to minimize or ignore the issue of sexist language. I doubt that this joking bs would go on if a racist word had been used instead...

I agree with you on that but then again some racist words are now not so racist as people use them within their own races...personally as a mixed race person(white/asian)...chink is the only word that is used for either of my races that bothers me...and it really only bothers me because it bothers others.