Longest training session?

What is your longest training session?

One time I ran for 3 hours and 27 minutes. It was about 22 miles.

As for traininig with weights, I've never gone over 3 hours, but with weights and cardio I've done about 2 hours and 50 minutes without a break.

My friend Brendan has trained up to 10 hours in a day (Ironman Triathlete).

What about some of you?

Longest training session stories?

Puh, tough one.

I used to train 3-4 hours with the weights everyday when i was 17/18 and didn't know better Plus i did a lot of running and swimming back then.

Martial arts for 3 hours was also normal.

My longest session in a row (not daily total) was probably the Wing Chun seminars - ~5 hours without a break.

Never had the intention of doing more... i'm more the high intensity guy

I made the mistake of doing short training sessions when I was young and didn't know any better. Yeah I used to believe all the conventional wisdom. Even ate meat for years.

Lately I've trained for about 3 hours or so at least a couple times a week.

Out of track season I would lift 3-3.5hrs every day(45minute easy cardio warm-up before on leg days and 1hr of hard cardio on upper body days...then a 15minute cardio cool down after)...go do throwing drills for an hour. Then I'd rest for atleast 8hrs and due full out throws until I couldn't move.

Depends on what.

I ran my own stable at one time (pre-vegan) and rode on the State and a bit National Level (when funds and time permitted). Since I was training many riders and horses I would begin my day at 7 or 8 AM and end at dark. I would also be covered from head to toe in dust, grime, and sweat (and occasionally my own blood) by days end and in need of a really good shower.

Now, the longest weight training and cardio session was about 2.5 hours.

Most of my gym sessions come in at just under two hours. This is because we take long rest breaks, not that we actually do that much!

Strongman sessions can take up to three hours, because we take those even slower, and they are more fun.

I usually have smoothies and dextrose water at hand for training sessions so that I don't run out of energy.

Regarding other types of training, when I was doing cycling many years ago, I would regularly spend upwards of 5 hours in the saddle, and sometimes up to 7. Was good fun.

Jonathan

Longest training sessions would be the weekend strongman event practices that can go from 3-5 hours, but that's usually because there's 4-10 people sharing the same piece of equipment and there's plenty of talking to keep things moving at a slower pace. Throw in the factor that everyone starts drinking beer near the end of the session and it takes even longer!

• 2 months later...