Hello from Houston

texanyogi

my family and i went ovolacto about a year and a half ago. last december we read EAT TO LIVE, by Joel Fuhrman, MD. and immediately decided to go vegan and havent looked back.

i am a yoga teacher and my husband is a police officer so we both are wanting to be lean and strong naturally.

we have 3 kids ages 9, 5, and 2 so any input from other parents would be very much appreciated.

peace, heather

Hello & Welcome Heather!

Of course there are lots of vegan yoga folks but I dont think I've ever heard of a vegan cop! Having said that, I watched a TV series on SWAT cops in Texas and one of them liked to do yoga... Don't think he was vegan though.

My wife and I have 3 kids ages 8, 5 & 3. They have all been vegan since before birth. What kind of input are you looking for?

Of curiousity, how did you come across these forums?

Welcome Heather!

Another Texan! We have tons of people here from Texas. In fact Texas and Oregon are battling for which state has the most forum members. It is very close but Oregon is slightly ahead at the moment

Thanks for finding us and joining the forum. We look forward to hearing more from you.

All the best and welcome aboard!

-Rob

Hello & Welcome Heather!

Of course there are lots of vegan yoga folks but I dont think I've ever heard of a vegan cop! Having said that, I watched a TV series on SWAT cops in Texas and one of them liked to do yoga... Don't think he was vegan though.

My wife and I have 3 kids ages 8, 5 & 3. They have all been vegan since before birth. What kind of input are you looking for?

hehe, yah my hubby is a reformed meat eating-duck hunting-chicken grilling-king. i never thought i would see the day that he GAVE AWAY his smoker/bbq pit.

wow our kids are almost the same ages. i have a few issues pertaining to kids......can i post them here or elsewhere on the board?

i found the board by doing a google search for bodybuilding + vegan.... which was prompted by our growing confusion over what to eat/not eat for maximum results at the gym. my girlfriend is working with a trainer, preparing for a fitness contest next month, and she shared her diet plan with me, hoping that i could do it vegan-style. the only thing i think i could do on there was eat every 2-3 hrs.

also, i practice and teach a very rigorous style of yoga (baptiste power vinyasa) and have always believed that i dont NEED to lift weights... in fact, when i do, my practice always seems to take a step back (i spend more time combatting the tightness from lifting). recently i realized that i may actually need to lift to achieve the look i am wanting. so i am gonna lift in addition to my yoga to build FLEXIBLE STRENGTH.

• 11 months later...
Hello & Welcome Heather!

hehe, yah my hubby is a reformed meat eating-duck hunting-chicken grilling-king. i never thought i would see the day that he GAVE AWAY his smoker/bbq pit.

wow our kids are almost the same ages. i have a few issues pertaining to kids......can i post them here or elsewhere on the board?

i found the board by doing a google search for bodybuilding + vegan.... which was prompted by our growing confusion over what to eat/not eat for maximum results at the gym. my girlfriend is working with a trainer, preparing for a fitness contest next month, and she shared her diet plan with me, hoping that i could do it vegan-style. the only thing i think i could do on there was eat every 2-3 hrs.

also, i practice and teach a very rigorous style of yoga (baptiste power vinyasa) and have always believed that i dont NEED to lift weights... in fact, when i do, my practice always seems to take a step back (i spend more time combatting the tightness from lifting). recently i realized that i may actually need to lift to achieve the look i am wanting. so i am gonna lift in addition to my yoga to build FLEXIBLE STRENGTH.

He did not have to give up the Grill.

I gifted someone a book - Vegetarian Barbeque. Gift him that with a new grill and see him smile. Better yet cook him one of those dishes.

• 2 years later...