Hey there

bigjoey

Hi my name is Joey and I am from the Pittsburgh PA area. I stopped eating animals 3 years ago, and to be honest, I am sad that I didn't do it sooner. Just a little about myself, I am into bodybuilding, powerlifting, and mixed martial arts. I am between jobs now, but I have a grad degree in business. Below is a video of me hitting some bumper plates in a bench contest at my college.

http://www.iup.edu/intramurals/bench/movie1.WMV

Its nice meeting you all.

Hey dude, welcome to the site. I know what you mean about regretting not changing lifestyle sooner, it sucks to look back at myself at how ignorant I was really and how different I am now. But you live and learn or whatever booyah. Within mixed martial arts, which areas are you specialized in? Or is it MMA as a single technique?

Welcome to the site Joey!

Thanks for joining us. I'm sure you'll find a ton of great info as well as provide great info for us too.

We have a really friendly group of people, including some from your area.

All the best and welcome aboard!

Hey dude, welcome to the site. I know what you mean about regretting not changing lifestyle sooner, it sucks to look back at myself at how ignorant I was really and how different I am now. But you live and learn or whatever booyah. Within mixed martial arts, which areas are you specialized in? Or is it MMA as a single technique?

Hey man, its nice meeting you. I guess there is no looking back, at least we are in the right now… now if only the general population could follow our lead then it would make life a lot easier!

The MMA I am learning is at a center where we have like multiple coaches that specialize in different disciplines. I basically learn wrestling, judo, jiu jitsu, boxing and kickboxing separately, and then we tie it all together in the ring for MMA fights. It gets kinda physical there, but we are all just doing it for sport, I am big into anti-violence outside of the training center.

Are you into MMA at all?

Welcome to the site Joey!

Thanks for joining us. I'm sure you'll find a ton of great info as well as provide great info for us too.

We have a really friendly group of people, including some from your area.

All the best and welcome aboard!

Thanks man, I love it around here already, it rocks. I am excited to learn from everyone here and lend some of my knowledge as well.

holy cannoli nice vegan guns!

pleasure to have your guns (ehem, i mean you) on board.

Why thank you!!! Glad you like my veggie powered arms!!!

Is that you in your avatar? You are one very attractive vegan!

Its very nice meeting you!

Hey big is that a picture of you (on the bottom) now as a fruititarian?

Yep, the video in my post is from a couple of years ago when I first was I just became a Vegan... I weighed 280 then. The picture in my avatar is from me a month ago where I my weight is 233. I was a powerlifter but I switched over to bodybuilding because I want to be strong and lean. Right now I am about 228 and my goal is to get down in the 195-190 range.

Welcome, man. You're huge.

Thanks man, its good to be here! We gotta prove that meat doesn't build muscle. When I am at the gym I get stuff like, "he must eat meat to get so big" and "he must take steriods since to get that strong without meat" and its nuts. I try to tell people in the gym I eat lots of soy and veggies and fruit, I lift 5 days a week of compound, multijoint lifts, and I sleep well. Its all about dedication and people on here are living proof that meat free builds beautiful bodies!

Yeah, totally. I've been hoping for many months that more forum members will start getting together. I've had GREAT times with veggymeggy, vamprilla, Hero, loveliberate, VeganEssentials, andesuma, and others over the past year.

Let's get more people hanging out! I met some of wannalift's friends here in Eugene, and she said he was pretty cool. He was also one of the first guys ever to write to me when I started my website 4 years ago.

There are others in that area too I believe. Have fun!