You'll never guess who is/was a big AR advocate...

karlhubris

Several years ago I brought in Lydia Nichols to speak on Animal Rights here in Amarillo. She was pretty cool and we kept in contact for a while. Once we were talking on the phone and she mentioned she was going to L.A. to visit a friend whose band was doing a reunion tour and wanted her to come hang out. I figured it was some hardcore or punk band. I asked who the band was and she got real wierd. She was like, "don't laugh, he's a real sweet guy and he really does alot for animals". For a while it seemed like she wouldn't tell me who it was. I was like who is this guy?! She said..."his name is Rikki Rocket". I knew that name, but couldn't place it. Finally she said..."he's the drummer for Poison". I laughed my ass off. What a surprise! I think she also said he has a tattoo on his arm of a masked ALF activist holding a puppy (I think). She said he was really devoted to the movement. If anyone is familiar with LYdia, she's pretty right on and fully devoted to the cause, I took her word for it. She also assured me his make up was NOT animal tested!

I see Rikki Rocket totally different now...but I still don't see myself going to their latest reunion show! I would like to talk with him tho, apparently he was a pretty cool skater before Poison...

Edited by karlhubris

hahahahahaha....hell yeah!!!! It's true!!! Look what the cat dragged in!!! Now would you have ever thought the drummer of Poison was all about ALF?! If you're unfamiliar with Poison, they were an 80's glam band with classics like "Talk Dirty to Me", " Look What the Cat Dragged In", "(Ain't Lookin' For) Nuthin' But A Good Time", and "Unskinny Bop".

I found an interview with Rikki...pretty interesting stuff...

http://www.animal-lib.org.au/interviews/

There's some valuable/funny info about Ted Nuggent...he purposely shit himself to get out of military service in Vietnam... he plays that patriot card too much these days...like they say in the piece, he's not so brave when they can shoot back! hahahahahaha! What a jackass!

Yeah, Cherry Pie was a Warrant song...I have to admit, when Poison first came out we thought they were kinda hot chicks...except for Rikki...he looked kinda funny! You can imagine our surporise when we found out theywere all guys!!!

But, I did like that 1st album, I have to admit I have found memories of drinking California coolers and shots of tequilla while listening to that album...but I was only 16...I didn't know better!

were you suprised when you found out they were all guys or were you angry I have a friend that really dug one of the Hansons(the middle aged one) and we all knew he was kindof a dude...well we told him and he argued all the time about it until we saw in interview on TV and he looked like a complete loser...we that was when we were 12 or 13 I think and we still give him crap for it!!!

Had a crush on Joan Jette...I still have one...she's a pretty hott old lady...I'm pretty sure she's vegan too. I thought she was hott when I was 6! Well as much of a crush as you can have on a man chick

yes, joan jett is a million times better than boy george i dont have bad taste in women i am just a little bit excentric lol

you are right i suck ..... boy george camon

well if this is somethin in my favor i was only 7

yaa 7,8 or 6 ?? you are right i have bad taste

Yeah you should definately have good tastes by the time you were 7...I already had my eye on Julia Roberts and Michelle Pfeifer by then

yes, joan jett is a million times better than boy george i dont have bad taste in women i am just a little bit excentric lol

you are right i suck ..... boy george camon

well if this is somethin in my favor i was only 7

yaa 7,8 or 6 ?? you are right i have bad taste