Less Divisive Topic: Pro-abortion vegans=hippocrits

karlhubris

weeeeeellllllll...I was making a joke about how the "what is vegan" debate...which should have been somewhat unifying...seemed to be more divisive. I deliberately used a pro-life term (pro-abortion) to add to the joke...but...if I wanted to add to the controversy I could point out that some people "choose" to eat meat...I realize it's a very complex topic and could end up being very divisive...again...it was meant as a joke, so can we talk about something we all agree on -like religion or somethin'?

FYI: I once had the misfortune of watching a brawl between hard-liner vegans and non-hardline vegans at a Vegan Reich show in the early 90s-quite distressing-I had friends on both sides. The fact that it came to blows over petty differences was pathetic...if you don't know, the hardline movement existed for about 2 years...militant vegans doing paramilitary training in Tennessee and espousing pro-life views and advocating armed uprising for animal lib. Anybody remember? Sean Vegan, one of the founders was actually a pretty reasonable and nice fella, he told us he was sick of the zealots that were taking his message too far, but what do you expect, the band was called Vegan REICH?!

Edited by karlhubris

Let's just talk about something we can all agree on, like...oh... politics.

well, I wouldn't be offended if it got pulled...but, c'mon...that was funny...get it...something we can agree on, like religion?...You see, that's funny because religion & politics are two of the most divisive topics in human history...and the pro-choice/life debate incorperates both. It would have been less funny if I said, "lets talk about something less divisive, like ...Ted Nugent is a complete jackass." That's less funny cause it's true!