PeTA vs. Beyonce

karlhubris

I've harshed on PeTA before...I just watched a video that I thought would be PeTA pelting Beyonce with tofu or blood...but I was surprised...they ambushed her by making her watch a video of how fur is aquired...essentially forcing her to see the fruit of her actions. I have to say that is brilliant. I expected the throwing blood on fur tactic...which I kinda think is lame because I am yet to see someone attack a leather clad biker or a fur clad/gun packin' rapper like Busta' Rhymes. Seems like only women get that...but I think this was a smart tactic. I still think they f**k up alot...but I give credit where credit is due. Anybody else see the video?

I didn't see them making her watch a video. I saw them ask her like 5 times about fur while she looked away disinterested and her handlers/family went on about how it wasn't a problem cuz lots of people wear it and they visited the factory...

yeah, they showed her quick video of animals getting the anal shock and in a trap...some are calling the move distasteful because the footage was so explicit...but WTF?! It's the truth and she's responsible!!!

I didn't post the link cuz I'm a moron and still am trying to figure out these computaters! The video was linked on Yahoo/CNN news like someone said earlier...they also talk about the footage they "made " her watch...I think this was a smart strategy...they 're being criticized, but I think the average Joe won't agree with the criticism. If she doesn't like what she sees maybe she'll change...

Beyonce Ambushed by PETA

Knowles was dining with her mother and sister at Nobu in New York when PETA protestors attacked her about the use of fur in her clothing line, House of Deron.

-------------------------

This is the tagline that accompanies the video. Any one else take exception to this sensationalising? First of all, the two were invited to dinner as winners of some auction. They didn't just run up on them and ruin their meal. Secondly, I don't see how they attacked her. They confronted her about her choices, were very respectful the whole time and then were told off by Byonce's bitchy ass Mom because she couldn't win the argument...which was really just a discussion anyway. And yet, AOL has taken the low road, backing the celebs and dissing the animal rights activists.

The headline made it sound really bad like she was bumrushed and they were yelling at her or something...Damn that liberal media!!!! Either way, I think any reasonable person who reads the article and understands what really happened can't really have any complaints...like was said earlier...THEY WERE INVITED TO DINNER WITH HER...she just didn't realize she was gonna get a little education!

• 3 months later...

I know this is an older topic, but OMG. I didn't watch the Beyonce video, because I didn't install the Active X control, but the one below it was horrible. I've never seen it before. I feel all sick inside, it's bad! These stupid asses, seriously, wtf would they think if someone hung up their son or daughter, mother, whatever, by their legs and starting skinning them while they were still alive. Makes me wanna puke, sickening. I don't even know if there is a word to desribe it....

It's horrible, but some people would never know unless it happened to someone they loved, the pain, and horror, sheer terror these defensless animals go through

I'm pretty sure one person isn't responsible for the fur industry.

If we all just ignored celebrities, they wouldn't have the power they do. However, we give them that power. Media gives them that power by shoving them down our throats. PETA just makes it worse.

I really don't like PETA. This is just more of their shock and awe crap they do. If they did more activism and less "look at these horrible images" they'd be worth my time and money. They're not getting a cent from me and I will continue to make posts like this all the time.

That being said, if Beyonce did change her mind she would influence a lot of mindless turds. I guess i just don't want to be associated with mindless turds.

mindless turds make up a lot of the population unfortunately, and they contribute a lot towards suffering. I don't know what way will work in getting their eyes open and wiping the turds from their vision. Perhaps stuff like this does make fans of the particular celebrity stop and think

• 1 month later...