Where do you all train at? and What do you train in?

aaahhhhhh.... so that would be matt hughes on the bottom huh.

yes. I have a serious hate for matt hughes always have. I just think hes a cocky annoying redneck. Not to mention one of the least technical fighters I have ever seen. He relies only on strength to win fights.

well your not alone on that one. i know a few other ppl on this board would like to see George St. Pierre beat Hughes this coming september. and i know Hughes has stated he wants a rematch with BJ Penn, and i'm sure he'll get it. but he has to go thru GSP first.

sweeet. I am still a white belt but any of you guys gotten your blue yet?

Im still a white belt. I still have some time before i think ill be at blue belt level. Hopefully not too long though.

How long have you been training darth?

sweeet. I am still a white belt but any of you guys gotten your blue yet?

Im still a white belt. I still have some time before i think ill be at blue belt level. Hopefully not too long though.

How long have you been training darth?

3 weeks.

However I trained BJJ when I was 17 for 2 years. I was just about at blue belt level when I had to stop for financial reasons. I was 60 pounds lighter and much more flexible then. Bummer.

I really want to get into some kind of martial art. It seems that BJJ is one of the most popular ones. Would this be good for someone who has had literally no experience in any martial arts?

yes. But I would get a buddy and atleast practice some techniques and positions before going to your first class. If u need a good site for vids of techniques and positions subfighter.com is where its at

I really want to get into some kind of martial art. It seems that BJJ is one of the most popular ones. Would this be good for someone who has had literally no experience in any martial arts?

In my opinion BJJ is the most practical. I mean 90% of fights go to the ground. And if someone takes you there its awesome to know what to do because in Jiu Jitsu you live on the ground. Greta work out too!

In my opinion BJJ is the most practical. I mean 90% of fights go to the ground. And if someone takes you there its awesome to know what to do because in Jiu Jitsu you live on the ground. Greta work out too!

90% of fights may go to the ground, but BJJ isn't very practical outside of the ring. The last thing you want to do in a street fight is pull guard.

90% of fights may go to the ground, but BJJ isn't very practical outside of the ring. The last thing you want to do in a street fight is pull guard.

I completely disagree with that statement. And in Jiu Jitsu you dont just pull guard. In any fight you can just take it to the ground say get knee mount and punch the crap out of them. Or say they are on top, put them in a triangle choke, not tight enough to make them pass out, and punch em at will. BJJ is more practical then karate or kung fu. Hands down.

HAHAHHAAHA. Kung fu eh? whatever you say.

Just for the record, I don't do Kung Fu.

I have recently started training in Muay Thai though.

And I stand by my previous statement 100%, based on input from quite a few fighters and bouncers.

Just for the record, I don't do Kung Fu.

I have recently started training in Muay Thai though.

And I stand by my previous statement 100%, based on input from quite a few fighters and bouncers.

Hmm well not to say ive been in alot of street fights or anything. But I have had my fair share. I have jumped to gaurd a number of times with no problems. Plus you can always clinch and then get an easy sweep. FYI I have beat up a couple bouncers jumping to gaurd. A head bouncer attacked me at a show, I ended up jumping to gaurd and almost breaking his arm. From what I heard he had trouble with that arm for months. So I stand by my previous statement 100% as well.

darth, seeing that you hate Matt Hughes, what did you think of the Matt Hughes VS Royce Gracie fight? I have to say i was pretty dissapointed in the outcome.

I actually had tears in my eyes. Then I went to my comp and watched Matt Hughes V. BJ Penn over and over and over. Then I felt better.

darth, seeing that you hate Matt Hughes, what did you think of the Matt Hughes VS Royce Gracie fight? I have to say i was pretty dissapointed in the outcome.

I actually had tears in my eyes. Then I went to my comp and watched Matt Hughes V. BJ Penn over and over and over. Then I felt better.

Thats funny That BJ Penn VS Matt Hughes fight was a good one.

Also i hope George St. Pierre tears through Matt Hughes next time for the welterweight title match!