I just bought a 75cm fitness ball what do I do now?

Why did you buy it?

You could do push ups with your feet on the ball. Dumbell flies while lying on the ball, same with most dumbell-bench exercises (rear delt rows, dumbell presses..).

Hm.

Didn't the ball come with a manual?

Why did you buy it?

You could do push ups with your feet on the ball. Dumbell flies while lying on the ball, same with most dumbell-bench exercises (rear delt rows, dumbell presses..).

Hm.

Didn't the ball come with a manual?

Core strengthening excercises are supposed to be good for jiu jitsu. Plus my balance and coordination are horrible and fitness ball excercises are supposed to be good for that also. am I mistaken about this?

Yeah a fitness ball is great for jui jitsu you can do many things with it like push-ups with your feet on the ball, your are almost balancing your toes on the ball. Or you could do push-ups with your hands on the ball feet on the floor. Also you can lie on your back holding the ball over your head in your hands. Lift your feet off the floor, keeping your back still on the floor. Grab the ball with your feet. Lower your legs(with the ball still between your feet). Keep passing the ball this way, remembering to keep your back on the floor. Or you could even do crunches with it, or try putting your feet on the ball hands on the floor and bring your knees to your chest and then back, and then if you get good at that you can do it with one foot on the ball at a time. You can also kneel on the ball with your hands in front of you to help you keep your balance and start walking backwards one knee in front of the other maybe also posting one foot on the ball sometimes too , this will help keep your balance while in someones gaurd. I 'm sure you will be standing on the ball shadow boxing in no time.

There are several books on stability ball training at Amazon.com .

"Powersculpt for men" has beginner through advanced exercises (most in the intermediate range) and comes with a DVD.

Better for advanced exercisers and athletes is "The Athlete's Ball." It contains intermediate to elite exercises, some of which use two balls or a ball and a bosu (half ball).

Adam Ford's "Stability Ball Abs" is a good DVD that has progressively more challenging moves.

Some good core moves are pikes (feet on ball, bring your butt up in the air as you roll the ball in) and planks (feet on ball and hold balance, then move to lifting one foot off and holding balance, or lifting one foot off and out to the side, or roll ball in and out, or lift one foot up and roll ball in and out with just one foot). You can also do various side planks, with feet sideways on ball, body weight supported by one hand, and either moving your waist up and down or lifting the top leg up and holding balance, or putting top hand behind your neck and turning (transverse plane work) to bring your top elbow close to your lower elbow while holding body up).

If you really want a challenge (and got a good, puncture-resistant, slow-deflate ball) you can work up to kneeling on the ball and doing overhead presses or bicep curls, etc.

Are you really tall? 75 cm. is usually recommended for very tall people, while 5' 6' to around 5' 10 are usually told to get 65 cm.

There are several books on stability ball training at Amazon.com .

"Powersculpt for men" has beginner through advanced exercises (most in the intermediate range) and comes with a DVD.

Better for advanced exercisers and athletes is "The Athlete's Ball." It contains intermediate to elite exercises, some of which use two balls or a ball and a bosu (half ball).

Adam Ford's "Stability Ball Abs" is a good DVD that has progressively more challenging moves.

Some good core moves are pikes (feet on ball, bring your butt up in the air as you roll the ball in) and planks (feet on ball and hold balance, then move to lifting one foot off and holding balance, or lifting one foot off and out to the side, or roll ball in and out, or lift one foot up and roll ball in and out with just one foot). You can also do various side planks, with feet sideways on ball, body weight supported by one hand, and either moving your waist up and down or lifting the top leg up and holding balance, or putting top hand behind your neck and turning (transverse plane work) to bring your top elbow close to your lower elbow while holding body up).

If you really want a challenge (and got a good, puncture-resistant, slow-deflate ball) you can work up to kneeling on the ball and doing overhead presses or bicep curls, etc.

Are you really tall? 75 cm. is usually recommended for very tall people, while 5' 6' to around 5' 10 are usually told to get 65 cm.

I really appreciate all the comments and advice. I am 6'1"

You take a large kitchen knife and plunge it into the side of of the "physio ball"

You then proceed to pick up any books/dvds/classes on High Performance Yoga, and you learn stability through the non-prop way.

Or to really go old school, pick up some sandbags and start doing some turkish get ups!

You take a large kitchen knife and plunge it into the side of of the "physio ball"

You then proceed to pick up any books/dvds/classes on High Performance Yoga, and you learn stability through the non-prop way.

Or to really go old school, pick up some sandbags and start doing some turkish get ups!

I dunno man. The 3 BJJ black belts at my school would disagree with you completely.

I can't argue with that, I don't have any belts in BJJ, let alone 3!!

Have the 3 belted guys tried sandbag training? they might change their minds?? or I could be completely wrong, and they are in fact a good training device, at which point I would retract my comment on physioballs being a waste of landfill space.