Movie Reviews Thread; recommendations, opinions, etc...

_raVen_

SV,

Off yr list, I've seen & really liked Romper Stomper, Once were Warriors, Boy's Don't Cry - all harsh but all based in reality. Great stuff!

I like this type of film, as they make me think (Not for every day viewing of course).

I think Romper Stomper is a lot harsher and less slick than say American History X.

I have a few Maori friends from New Zealand, and they said in parts of Auckland etc, that this is how some people are. I think Jake (Temuera Morrison) is truely one of the most frightening characters I have seen in a movie.

Of the others on the list I'd recommend you see Candy. It is one of the best movies Heath Ledger has done, after seeing him mumble his way through Broke Back Mountain, I forgot how well he can act. The Movie is not for everyone, it is about a poet who falls in love with an art student who gravitates to his bohemian lifestyle -- and his love of heroin. Hooked as much on one another as they are on the drug, their relationship alternates between states of oblivion, self-destruction, and despair.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just recently saw the number 23 with jim carey. It was crap. I also recently saw Pans Labrynth it was pretty good but a couple parts didnt make sense and I hate that crap. If it takes a magic hour glass to keep a door open then if it shuts and you no longer have the hour glass you shouldnt just be able to make a new door....

I just saw Soylent Green for the first time last night, even though I despise Charlton Heston. Interesting take on what the future could bring if civilization doesn't smarten up pretty quick.

It was particularly interesting how they refered to women as "furniture" and older folks as "books." Pretty disturbing.

Over-population=not enough food=let's eat people. Not so impossible to imagine, really.