Vitamin Water

it has taurine in it but I don't know what it's source is...could be vegan could be not vegan...personally I'd rather eat my vitamins in fruit form or drink real juice...don't really see the trend in all these weird vitamin, oxygen, caffeine waters. Its alot cheaper and its the way we were designed to get our nutrients.

I think taurine is an amino acid that may only be found in animal products (or most often found in animal products: there may be some way of getting it from algae or fungus or something, but most manufacturers wouldn't go to the trouble).

One reason cats have to have animal products is that they need taurine.

vegancats.com sells taurine from a vegan source...not always good enough but it is for most cats. I've seen a twenty year old vegan cat at the SPCA that had spent the last 10 or so years of her life as a vegan cat. She was an inside cat too so she wasn't out hunting for birds.

Synthetic taurine definitely exists--that's what is in the vegan cat food, and I read that even meat cat foods have synthetic taurine added in because the rendering damages some of the natural taurine and they have to add some back in. I'd think that the taurine in VW would be more likely to be synthetic than isolated from some animal source. But the best thing would be to contact VW about it.

Maybe its your flavour but I was gonna try some a long time ago and didn't when I saw the taurine and I got lazy and never checked on it to see if it was vegan or not so I never bothered thinking about buying it again.

I received an e-mail today:

hello Ryan,

thank you for your interest in glacéau® products.

all vitaminwater®, smartwater®, fruitwater®, and products are vegan and

vegetarian friendly.

please do not hesitate to contact me if i can be of further assistance.

thank you again and remember to hydrate responsibly!

sincerely,

jamie

consumer relations representative

glacéau

www.glaceau.com

1-877-GLACEAU

I was never really interested in the stuff but I tried some the other day and it's alright. I just thought it might be a nice alternative now and then.

It has B12 and obviously I don't know the source but I would guess it's from spirulina or something...

I doubt it's from spirulina. I don't like the taste of it. It tastes kind of like chemicals in a bad kind of way.