Buffet and Gates Charities and Animal Issues

joelbct

So, Gates is stepping down over two years to focus on his $27 billion dollar charity, and Warren Buffet has announced that he is going to donate $37 billion to Gate's foundation and others (NY Times Link)-

These are huge sums of money, of which a small portion could make a huge difference. Just one percent of 64 billion is 23 times PETAs annual revenue-

I wonder how to best go about petitioning these organizations that, in addition to issues of human health and education, the Gates foundation support animal welfare as well, for the sake of the environment, humans, and animals- Any thoughts on the matter?

-JB

I believe the Gates foundation does most of its work by giving individuals small amounts of investment capital to improve their lives through the promotion of capitali$m- I suppose you could try to convince them of giving some former lab chimps investment capital for their own business...

That's typically how philanthropists distribute their money...creating institutions like hospitals and libraries and such...but the Gates Foundation gives alot of $ to small entreprenurial endeavors-$250 here and there to 3rd World individuals to start their own modest businesses. $250 is A LOT of cash in many of these countries, like a years salary! Either way...doubtful any cash will go to animal welfare...the Gateses are VERY concerned with 3rd World poverty...and Good for them for doin' somethin'!!!