DAMN ITS HOT HERE

xdarthveganx

Yeah, it has been hot and I like it I've been hanging out at tons of vegan venues in Portland this week and it's cool to see lots of people out and about playing in the water, sun, etc.

I'm finally back online, wireless over at Proper Eats right now (one of my New favorite vegan places in PDX).

As an endurance athlete, I've always worked well in the heat and also enjoy it. However, here in Santa Cruz, we've had two weeks of foggy days with two hours of sun in the afternoon with highs in the high 60's.

Sucks, doesn't it?

Dont get me wrong people, I love the heat, but only WITHOUT any smog or humidity, AND if I have access to a breathtaking beach and white sands (not Lake Ontario!).

heat plus smog plus humidity plus lake ontario as the only escape = one irritable and cranky compassionategirl. Give me cancun on the other hand and I am in heaven.

Dont get me wrong people, I love the heat, but only WITHOUT any smog or humidity, AND if I have access to a breathtaking beach and white sands (not Lake Ontario!).

heat plus smog plus humidity plus lake ontario as the only escape = one irritable and cranky compassionategirl. Give me cancun on the other hand and I am in heaven.

We have all of that here in Santa Cruz. You'd love it here. No smog and low humidity when the sun's out... Fortunately we have our own little sub-climate down here on the central coast. Also a big area for farming in general--much of it organic--year round.

Santa Cruz seemed pretty nice when I was there a few years back. I saw a lot of fights, thugs trying to intimidate folks & drug deals though. Plus I hear housing is stupid expensive there...
That's just the bad stuff.

Naw, most of the city isn't that bad. It has a high tourist component, but most tourists follow one or two ways into the city and don't see the real culture of it all. That's the unfortunate thing. We have a very strong, health-conscious community, and strong arts, night life and music culture as well.

-Matt