Calluses

Over the last few weeks, I have noticed that my calluses are getting bigger, and harder. No problem there - I don't mind them. But, this morning I noticed that I really only have calluses below my pinky, ring and middle finger. No callus below my pointer finger. Is that typical?

It may seem like a silly question, but I am wondering, if this is not typical, if it means that my grip is improper in some way. Any thoughts?

I had the same deal...it probably just the natural way we balance bars on our hands...I know I probably pull more with my ring finger than my index so I could imagine thats what the deal was...this just goes for my left hand though...my right always had callous' all over...not what you guys think. I promise it from throwing the shot!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess it was a silly thing to 'worry' about. I would have asked to look at other people's hands who weight train, but I don't really know anyone else who does. BTW, since I first asked the question I have been lifting heavier, and there is the faintest little tough spot underneath my pointers.

Thanks for the replies!