Pride FC

round 2 of Total Elimination Absolute is this weekend. if you want to see what good heavyweight fighters look like, don't miss this. any one of the remaining heavyweight fighters (less Yoshido) would mop the floor with any UFC heavyweight. Not mention the Emelienenko brothers who aren't even in the tournament (Alexander was eliminated by Josh Barnett).

I watched the Pride PPV event last night and it was pretty awesome. I assume it was a PPV event, but anyway, it was cool to watch.

There are some tough, tough guys out there! I'm sure I'll be watching more of it in the future.....especially over at xdarthveganx's house.

any one of the remaining heavyweight fighters (less Yoshido) would mop the floor with any UFC heavyweight. Not mention the Emelienenko brothers who aren't even in the tournament (Alexander was eliminated by Josh Barnett).

really? you don't think Yoshido could hang in the UFC? i think he has a good shot at submitting tim sylvia, and several others. i agree with you on the rest of the statement, and i'd like to see it happen too.

i also catch some PrideFC shows on FSN. i read on another thread that they are in some financial trouble. what kind of trouble? like going out of business trouble? how does a company with such great athletes go out of business? as has been pointed out many times before, Pride has some of the best fighters in the world.

i was pleasantly surprised to see Pride Middleweight Champion Wanderlei Silva at last nights UFC PPV to announce he will be fighting Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell. it was probably the most exciting thing that happened last night.

the final four matchups have been announce in the tournament for the Absolute Champion. it will be Crocop vs. Wanderlai Silva and Josh Barnett vs. Antonio Nogueria.

the winner will probably face Fedor after that. man i wish i could watch this in Portland at one of these PPV get togethers.

yeah you tube is great. i've been posting links all over the place.

thinking of UFC vs. Pride, i found some rankings of MMA fighters worldwide from MMAfighting.com. in the heavyweight division, the first 5 are Pride fighters. Fedor is #1, no surprise there. in all, 8 are in Pride with only 2 UFC heavyweights in the top ten. the top ranked light heavyweight is also a Pride fighter, though the UFC does have 4 fighters in the light heavyweight top 10. on the other hand, the top ranked middleweight is the current UFC champ rich franklin. the UFC did best in the welterweight division, with the top 4 fighters all in the UFC.

here is the list.

discuss.

WAR FEDOR!

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6357/fedorvsbeargf5.jpg

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7825/fedorgod0fa4ml.gif

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/gambit92483/sdf.jpg

http://www2.filehost.to/files/2006-07-29_01/002540_6916331776.gif

if Liddell gets past Babalu that is

Babalu by ARM BAR

i would be stoked if that was the outcome. Liddell hasnt been tapped out since Horn got him awhile back.

I want to see Liddel Vs Silva bad, but Babalu deserves his shot! I hope he wins.

Theres gonna be so much hype for the Liddell-Silva fight. Even if Babalu does win, I think Liddell and Silva should still fight. I bet you they fight no matter what. Everybody i talk to is stoked about that match up. If Dana White was smart hed make it happen.

• 2 weeks later...

bad news, there are reports floating around that the Silva vs. Liddel fight has been called off. apparently they are opting for a Liddel vs. Ortiz rematch. i am not sure whether i believe this, because that would mean that the Liddel/Ortiz would rematch would be in November. but i hear that Ortiz is set to have his 3rd bout with Shamrock in October. i can't imagine that Tito would book two matches so close to each other. from what i hear, after a fight you can't get medically cleared for your next fight for at least 8 weeks. so these stories seem to conflict each other, but they are both coming from pretty good sources. the Shamrock/Ortiz news i got from Sherdog.com, and the Liddel/Ortiz fight i got from MMA Weekly.

i hope this news isn't true. i would rather see chuck up against wanderlai first. here is the link to the story if anyone wants to read it.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, Pride FC is coming to America! Oct. 21st in Las Vegas.

Fedor Emilianenko vs. Mark Coleman

Shogun Rua vs. Kevin Randleman

Josh Barnett, Phil Baroni, and Vitor Belfort will also be on the card.

here is a clip of the press conference, featuring a cameo by mike tyson. also interesting to note, it is mentioned that tim sylvia was offered a fight with fedor, and he turned it down.

watched pride last night on FSN NE from like 7 or 8 pm to 11pm

some welterweight tournament.

It was produced for FSN by Pride. The ref even had on a FSN labeled shirt.

It was good.

Also watched some MMA from Newengland on some channel, I forget.

Alex Carrilexus (sp) was on and Kenny florian will be at their payperview to sign autographs

the hosts of hte show said that those two began there careers in that organization.

They use an octagon of ropes

• 2 weeks later...