Pride FC

the problem that I have with those types of tournements is that in my mind, it lessens the fighters in my mind. Now that I know that they are not the best pound for pound fighters out there, I only want to see CroCop blast Tim Silvia or the sylvia beat for the championship (I forget his name) and Chuck Liddell.

I dont care if either Barnett or Van Sylva fought Liddell, now. They would be fighting for 3rd and Fourth (including Fedor). Now I know that we are speaking of different categories of weight, but you see my view (whether you agree with it is another story)

I am very sad.

i don't know what you mean? these are the best fighters in the world. anybody in this tournament would still most likely beat tim sylvia. and i would still love to see wanderlei silva vs. chuck liddell. chuck is great, but he is no CroCop. that fight will never happen anyway, unless chuck decides to go up in weight division. how long do you think chuck liddell would last in this tournament? interesting to note, chuck liddel has fought in pride events before, and he lost to rampage jackson. wanderlei silva has beaten rampage jackson twice, the last time it ended like this.

http://ca1n.c.yimg.jp/sportsnavi/20041031_pride/sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/fight/pride/photo/200410/31/a09/pict/pict13.jpg

thats jackson's body hanging half way out of the ring. barnett, crocop, fedor, or noguera fighting chuck should not even be mentioned until they are in the same division, which may never happen. and even with this loss, wanderlei silva is still the best competition chuck liddel could face. this is the first time wanderlie has been knocked out since 1998! no other fighter in his weight division made it to the final four. so he is still the biggest threat to chuck liddell, and it would be a great match.

but chances are chuck will fight tito next, because that match will bring in more money than a fight against silva. tito is the UFC cash cow after all.

i don't know what you mean? these are the best fighters in the world. anybody in this tournament would still most likely beat tim sylvia. and i would still love to see wanderlei silva vs. chuck liddell. chuck is great, but he is no CroCop. that fight will never happen anyway, unless chuck decides to go up in weight division. how long do you think chuck liddell would last in this tournament? interesting to note, chuck liddel has fought in pride events before, and he lost to rampage jackson. wanderlei silva has beaten rampage jackson twice, the last time it ended like this.

http://ca1n.c.yimg.jp/sportsnavi/20041031_pride/sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/fight/pride/photo/200410/31/a09/pict/pict13.jpg

thats jackson's body hanging half way out of the ring. barnett, crocop, fedor, or noguera fighting chuck should not even be mentioned until they are in the same division, which may never happen. and even with this loss, wanderlei silva is still the best competition chuck liddel could face. this is the first time wanderlie has been knocked out since 1998! no other fighter in his weight division made it to the final four. so he is still the biggest threat to chuck liddell, and it would be a great match.

but chances are chuck will fight tito next, because that match will bring in more money than a fight against silva. tito is the UFC cash cow after all.

I did see that fight with rampage adn liddell, dana white was the third man on hte microphone that night. I do believe that any of those fighters are some of the best. I believe that all of them would probably flatten liddel. My point was only that I would feel that a)the ufc is too closed off to know if a champion is really a champion (in comparison to the world), b) when they win (like how I said when) I will know that they just were beat by someone else, who may or maynot have decided not to enter the lightheavy division, becaue the competition was better in the heavy weight division.

Now dont get me wrong, seeing liddell or hughes (I threw that one in) get beaten would be great, but I would be inclline to believe that who won those championships are just holding them for someone better.

Now listen, what I mean is that the very purpose of the open tournment is

to show who is the best fighter at any weight division period. I feel that doing that just shows that genetics ( inthis case size and strength) will win out.

I wish they did not have the tournament. I really do. I dont want to know that someone cannot be more then their genetics. I think that the tournament really hurt things. I think that if someone smaller would have won, then it would have exploded the horizon. Byt a promoter runs the risk of what happened in the tournatment happening, and it confirms that a smaller person can martial arts there ass off, it will just mean the larger person can still take their lunch money (and they would be out the money for the lessons that really didnt work anyway).

Now I am not telling you how to think, but folks that I have shown the postings, and the internet commentaries of the fights, came away with only the impression that I did. Crocop beat up two people in one night.

If either one of those people figjhts anyone in the UFC and wins, then I makes the UFC look really bad. And it confirms that myth that the light heavy weight champion (in the case of van sylva against liddell) , is not just a guy who can not carry enough weight to be effective in the heavy division, but that he may just be someone who can not hang period with the heavy weights.

Now I dont want to see that happen, but it has happened like 5 times in my livingroom, that is not good.

Finally, Pride FC is coming to America! Oct. 21st in Las Vegas.

Fedor Emilianenko vs. Mark Coleman

Shogun Rua vs. Kevin Randleman

Josh Barnett, Phil Baroni, and Vitor Belfort will also be on the card.

here is a clip of the press conference, featuring a cameo by mike tyson. also interesting to note, it is mentioned that tim sylvia was offered a fight with fedor, and he turned it down.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=916436855

After watching that video conference i had to laugh when it came to the sylvia part cause i watched this post fight interview from sylvia a few days ago, saying he could take fedor. All talk no back bone.

here is a clip of the press conference, featuring a cameo by mike tyson. also interesting to note, it is mentioned that tim sylvia was offered a fight with fedor, and he turned it down.

After watching that video conference i had to laugh when it came to the sylvia part cause i watched this post fight interview from sylvia a few days ago, saying he could take fedor. All talk no back bone.

It must be my computer because I could not hear any one but Barnett.

the crowd drowned the other speakers out

It must be my computer because I could not hear any one but Barnett.

the crowd drowned the other speakers out :(

Yea it was hard for me to understand alot of people. I understood Phil Baroni and Barnett. But really no one else. The part that mentions sylvia is actually one of the announcer guys. He says something like, "A interesting note, Tim Sylvia was offered to fight Fedor. And..turned..it..down. (crowd boooooooooo)"

If i am remembering it correctly.

Now we have to watch roid freak coleman fight fedor. I would be excited to see Timmy get KTFO. Too bad.

wow, watching that tim sylvia interview a few things stuck out like a sore thumb to me. "i went 5 rounds with arlovski and i beat his ass". he hardly beat his ass. he held his own but was in no way dominant. as anyone who saw it will tell you, neither fighter was very impressive in that fight. arlovksi was injured by the end of the second round and tim still couldn't knock him out. it didn't look like he was fighting to win, he was just fighting to not lose. just trying to avoid getting knocked out and coast his way to a decision.

then he mentions that if he wasn't gonna be a main event and fight last, he was gonna throw a little hissy fit, fake an injury, and back out of fighting that night. he feels like he should be the star, but he did not put on anywhere near a star performance. a champion should be willing to fight anywhere. first bout, last bout, dark match, anywhere anytime. and prove that he is worthy of being the main event. that night, he hardly showed he was main event material. it was one of the most boring title fights i have ever seen. he seems more concerned with being a star than being a champion.

and he should not be talking about fighting fedor just yet. he is getting way ahead of himself. if he wants to fight some pride guys, he should start off with james "the colossus" thompson, aleksander emilanenko, or sergei kharitonov. if he gets past those guys, he can go on to fighting josh barnett, crocop, or nogueira. if he wins, (and that is a big IF, as i don't think he could get past kharitonov or aleks emilianenko), then he can face the #1 ranked heavyweight in the world. he may be the UFC champion, but he is still ranked 6 or 7, and he has to work his way up to the #1 contender spot just like everyone ranked above him.

tim sylvia needs to not think about fedor emilianenko. he needs to stay focused on the up and coming threats to his title within the UFC. he is going to have his hands full with jeff monson, brandon vera, and cheick kongo.

• 4 weeks later...
Is anybody excited about any of the match up for Pride USA? I like Fedor alot. But i dont care much for Coleman. I havent really seen any fights that make me say "OOOOh IVE GOTTA SEE THAT."

although i will not be watching it, I would like to see a rather relaxed man (fedor) beat down a hyped up Steriod dude like Coleman, who just kept repeating himself at the interview . I wonder if those were the only lines they gave him.

I think that fedors brother alexander always looks like someone just woke him up from a nap, he always looks so disshoveled.

It is saturday night right?

I will have to get onto youtube early sunday morning to see if there are any clips on from the night.

you know that monson dude who is fighting sylvia, rather reminds me of coleman.

also remember when sylvia said he wanted to be the main event, and if he could not then he would pulll out. well he is not the main event this time, hughes and GSP are. so we will see if he pulls out. he probably will not go through with pulling out, just words I guess, like with his statements about fedor.

read that followup at sherdog about last nights fights.

says that van silva called out liddell to join him in a match at prides second show in the usa

I doubt it will happen, but two consecutive challenges to champs on one visit to the USA. then franklin losing to a former pride fighter.

well because I dont think that any of the fights will happen, i hope that franklin comes back to avenge his loss to anderson silva. or else it will not look good for the prestige of the UFC championships

I know Fedor is the man, and Mark is washed up, but DAMN!!!!

That fight looked like they just threw a college wrestler into MMA who had no MMA taining. Mark looked like a bitch in that fight and didnt show any experience that he SHOULD have.

Most think of him as a one-dimensional fighter with just wrestling and G&P, but he didnt even wrestle well; just wasted alot of energy staying in tight with Fedor.

wow thanks for the links to these fights. i missed it, so i am glad i got a chance to see some of this.

so what's this i hear about Wanderlei Silva calling out Chuck Liddell? anyone know what he said? i'm glad at least he is still pushing for this fight to happen. it would be one for the ages! now to wait for a response from the UFC.

wow thanks for the links to these fights. i missed it, so i am glad i got a chance to see some of this.

so what's this i hear about Wanderlei Silva calling out Chuck Liddell? anyone know what he said? i'm glad at least he is still pushing for this fight to happen. it would be one for the ages! now to wait for a response from the UFC.

and wait , and wait, and wait

and wait , and wait, and wait

also...

also remember when sylvia said he wanted to be the main event, and if he could not then he would pulll out. well he is not the main event this time, hughes and GSP are. so we will see if he pulls out.

i hope dana white put him in his place about that. i would put it to him like this. "tim, you had your chance. you were the main event, and your fight was the most boring 5 rounds ever. that is not main event material. you'll fight when i tell you to fight. and if you don't like it, you can go to Pride and try be the champ there." see if that straightens him out.

• 2 weeks later...

just watched pride fc on fox sport net. the two guys at the desk, talking about who frank trigg would like to see vanderlay (sp) silva fight. he named off two people from pride, then said and there is "another guy from another organization". trigg said "we are trying to make it happen, its up to them now"

god I wonder who he is talking about?

• 1 month later...