Lance Armstrong

I try my best...but if it gives you bad karma think of it as spoiled tea...asians drink barley and corn tea...so I could imagine if thats fermented it will taste a bit like beer.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
What do you think of Lance's foray into marathoning?

He said it was MUCH more difficult than he thought it would be.

It served him right for not taking it at all seriously. He barely trained for it, I think only got the odd 10 or 15 mile run in beforehand. You have to treat a marathon with respect so he got what he deserved basically. He was quite arrogant and dismissive about others running fast marathon times ( his ex-wife included ) beforehand and about his own predicted time and also that he didn't need to do much preparation.

At least he'll be more humble if he ever attempts another marathon.

I read a couple of good articles on this - can't find them anymore.......

:shock:

A 10 or 15 mile training run just doesn't cut it!

No wonder he struggled.

Quite.

I did a 20mile run in atrocious weather nearly five years ago. Never really ran that far before - had only done a few 13-16 mile runs before in my life.

Anyhow, thought I'd be OK.

I went off too fast, at say my 10k, 10 mile or half-marathon speed, and got gradually weaker and fainter until I collapsed at around 17 miles. Still got the scars on my hand.

Edited by Tarz

Ouch

The wall DOES exist!!!!

I thought I was well prepared for the full marathon as I had done a number of 20 milers.

When you actually run the race though, those few extra miles which you've never run before REALLY hurt!!!

Ouch

The wall DOES exist!!!!

I thought I was well prepared for the full marathon as I had done a number of 20 milers.

When you actually run the race though, those few extra miles which you've never run before REALLY hurt!!!

So true.

Running 6 odd miles in itself is no mean feat at the best of times - to do so after you have already ran 20 miles is quite something!