10/120

8/130

Cardio Row

1000 meters @ Highest resistance setting

Saturday

Rest/Cardio

Sunday Rest

any suggestions or comments greatly appreciated

I would do more heavy compund stuff and less arm work, you're having more sets on biceps than on the back. I would also do upper back before biceps.

I would also train legs and lower back, I cant see them in there ?

Also there are no shoulder exercises, is that on purpose?

ok well I guess I missed a couple things when I wrote that....

But either way after reading some more I think im going to make some changes so tell me what you think........

Day 1 - Chest and triceps

Day 2 - Legs and forearm work

Day 3 - Rest day on Wednesday

Day 4 - Upper back and biceps

Day 5 - Shoulders and lower back

Days 6 and 7 off to rest

For each body part im still going to do 12-10-8 reps so 3 sets on each excercise. I increase weight somewhat after each set. Right now I do 2 excercises per part, should I increase that to 3?

Keep in mind I also do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu which is a pretty killer workout in itself. I do that for 90 minutes 30 min warm up and 60 minute train 4 days a week. Monday-thursday. I need to have enough energy left at night to train well.

12/10/8, pyramiding or progressive resistance was discarded and abandoned by the soviets over 40 years ago. americans will never get over it, but you should. try something like 5 sets of 5 or something along the likes. or you could just do sets of 10, inc the weight the next week, and stay at that weight until you get all sets at 10.

I agree with wannalift, lower reps are probably more effective for building strength, I suppose volume is not your main goal?

I dont think you should do 3 different exercise per bodypart, I would rather do only one and increase the sets. Thats mainly personal preference, but I find it a lot easier to get into the exercise with more sets.

Since you also train quite a bit of MA it could possibly be a good idea to keep the volume low and do heavy compound stuff only, maybe on a 2- or 3-split, or even full body.

also, if your weight training is geared specifically to enhance your mma, then you should look into lifts that train coordination and explosiveness. olympic lifts, plyometrics, and heavy lower back work(so when someone tries to triangle you from their back you can pick them up and powerbomb their ass).

also, if your weight training is geared specifically to enhance your mma, then you should look into lifts that train coordination and explosiveness. olympic lifts, plyometrics, and heavy lower back work(so when someone tries to triangle you from their back you can pick them up and powerbomb their ass).

I already can. hahahaha

12/10/8, pyramiding or progressive resistance was discarded and abandoned by the soviets over 40 years ago. americans will never get over it, but you should. try something like 5 sets of 5 or something along the likes. or you could just do sets of 10, inc the weight the next week, and stay at that weight until you get all sets at 10.

so thats good to know. Keep in mind im trying to slim down somewhat at the same time. So what would be the best mix for that?

I recommend adding a decent amount of cardio...personally I don't think intense cardio limits muscle growth until you actually have alot packed on already. If anything it will give you more endurance so you can lift harder and longer. Then after that you can slack off on the cardio and focus purely on muscle gains.

I recommend adding a decent amount of cardio...personally I don't think intense cardio limits muscle growth until you actually have alot packed on already. If anything it will give you more endurance so you can lift harder and longer. Then after that you can slack off on the cardio and focus purely on muscle gains.

Keep in mind I wrestle for 90 minutes 4 days a week on top of working out.

The days I dont wrestle I swim or I ride the bike. Running has never worked well with me.

If your in really good shape wrestling is much more of a hard anaerobic excersize especially for heavyweights. There's alot of holding/pushing/pulling and your not sustaining a high heart(meaning 150-160) rate for extended periods of time...if you not in good shape it does make your heart rate stay high for extended periods of time.