Paris Hilton Goes Veggie?

ronnie kray

i was over at the Food Fight website today to order a few things,and what do i see in their news section? a link to an article that Paris Hilton has gone vegetarian?!

i don't know how to feel about this. one hand, i am always glad to see a celebrity turn their back on meat and fur. on the other hand... it's paris hilton. i have never been a fan of hers. i always looked at her as a person who is famous because she is spoiled upper class brat who has never and will never have to work a day in her life, and is somehow a celebrity despite her blatant lack of any real talent. i also remember that not too long ago she was making commercials for Carl's Jr. hamburgers and wearing fur coats at a fashion show. so i am not totally convinced that she has the will power to stick with this as a lifestyle choice, and not something she just thinks is cool to do for the moment.

here is a few links to the articles on it.

Paris Hilton turns her back on fur

Paris goes vegetarian

I feel the same way with, "on the other hand, it's Paris Hilton."

For some reason I get the feeling that she's just not going to eat meat because it is "the cool thing in hollywood at the moment" or something like that. I'm sure her dairy intake will be quite high if she is just avoiding meat. (I actually haven't looked at the links yet so I don't know the extent of her newfound veggie lifestyle).

Who knows, it could turn out to be a really good thing since she's in the media so much.

well the article basically says she made the decision after meeting Heather Mills, the exwife of Sir Paul McCartney. apparently Ms. Mills showed Paris some videos of where fur and meat come from, and it turned Paris off of wearing or eating animals.

yeah, whether we like it or not, people do pay attention to her. she is a bit of a role model to alot of kids. i know my 10 yr old niece, can't figure out why, but she is a fan of Paris Hilton (despite my objections). i'd like to see how she reacts when she finds out her idol has gone vegetarian. i guess some good can come out of it, if Paris doesn't waiver and go back to eating meat a month from now.

I don't see it as a bad thing...even morons can be vegetarians too. Now we can tell people that think we're elitists that we're not because we let her into our world Hopefully lots of dumb teeny boppers will follow in her footsteps.

Hilton states:

"I also haven't eaten any meat since. I just survive on pasta and stuff like that. "

Based on this unsurprising comment, her opening her dumb as f**k mouth about veg*ism can be counterproductive to the cause.

The comment shows that this is a fleeting whim for her. If she was committed, and intended to sustain her veg*ism, wouldnt she actually do some research into tasty and varied vegan diets? Hell, she's a gajillionaire. She could afford to hire somebody to cook gourmet veg*n meals for her - she doesnt have to "survive on pasta and other stuff."

Idiot. Now her fans are going to think that if you cut out meat, your only option is pasta and other stuff (which is presumably veggies).

I was talking to one of my vegan friends about the man meat thing and we determined that its still vegetarian if you don't swallow.

As for her being a moron and having influence I'd rather her followers eat pasta and stuff like that than meat...although its not optimal.

I was talking to one of my vegan friends about the man meat thing and we determined that its still vegetarian if you don't swallow.

I disagree. It's veg if the "donor" is consenting. So go ahead and swallow.

Regarding Paris, even if she doesn't stay vegan, others will follow. Some may stay, some not. But it does bring awareness.

I was drinking a coke when I read this and it made me laugh out loud so hard that coke came flying out of my nose (yes, I know, not very sexy).

If Coke flying out of someone's nose can be sexy surely you'd be the one to manage the task

***What the hell are you doing drinking Coke anyway??? Thats Icky...unless you were drinking purely to get it to come out of your nose.

I disagree. It's veg if the "donor" is consenting. So go ahead and swallow.

OH BEHAVE!

http://www.maskworld.com/pix/teeth/character/3000-austin-powers.jpg

anyone going veg is a good thing. you all should be celebrating that someone with that little brain capacty can see that eating meet is wrong. what does that say about your lawyer and doctor friends who can't?

True, if Paris Hilton sticks with this, it could be a positive thing. On the other hand, she seems like someone who might just 'kinda try it' for a while (as long as it seems "hot" to her), figure out it's too tough, or not really do it (be a 'fish-eating veggie' for example) and it could add to the negative image of veg*nism.

It's kind of like Madonna, who was veggie (?) for a while, then wasn't (and who wore anti-fur t-shirts for a time in the 80's, and later wore fur, and now even goes on fox hunts with her hubby). It makes veg*ism look like a faddish thing you do for a while until you get bored with it, rather than a serious commitment.

Though maybe there is more depth to Paris than I am assuming?

I doubt she has any dept but if the shallow thing to do is to become vegan then so be it...there are enough shallow people out there to really decrease farming profits...I figured shallow people should atleast be vegan to stay or become skinny

Wow - this thread was a lot funnier than the title would have led me to believe.

I'm also of 2 minds about this news. While it will hopefully save some animals ( ), there are a lot of people out there who think vegans and veggies are crackpots, and this won't help that image. So it could actually make it harder for veg to go more mainstream.

In the end, tho, it probably matters about as much as she does.

Its hard to say because I credit those cheesy trucker hats getting really popular to her and Ashton Kucher. Surely alot of people wore them before but when she did they really picked up around me. Sorry if there are any trucker hat wearing vegans on here

Its hard to say because I credit those cheesy trucker hats getting really popular to her and Ashton Kucher. Surely alot of people wore them before but when she did they really picked up around me. Sorry if there are any trucker hat wearing vegans on here

I don't wear them, but I love the song!

scroll to "trucker hat":

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002SPPOQ/002-1811528-8629604?v=glance&n=5174

I'd love to listen but the only computer I have internet access too until September is in the damn library so I've gotta wait:(