Sorry guys, but mine is bigger!

barrylove

They look pretty big, have you got a photo from further away so we can see the muscle in relation to the rest of your body?

LOL..I took this pic last night with my Treo!

I will ask my wife to take a better pic. She will be shaking her head!

Killer calves! I assume you are genetically gifted for this body part. Or have you used the 600 hours of dedicated painful calf-work that Arnold talked about??

Ready for this CRAZY workout?

I HAVE NEVER, EVER, EVER DONE CALVES!!!!!!!!

The guys at the gym flip out when I tell them that!

Here is a funny..I train the Philadelphia Force professional fast Pitch softball team and the first time we met ALL teh girls, within 2 minutes were saying, 'Holy cow! Look at your calves!', 'Damn those are awesome!' and embarrising things like that.

They are actually cut and very define. The pic looks more like bulky.

I say all of this but with much embarresment. trust me no ego here. These are just the things I am told and hear constantly.

Edited by barrylove

calves are something you either have or you dont...... ive known people who do calves like everyday and mine were still bigger and i was doing them like once a week..... ive realized they dont really get bigger, ever, just more ripped..... but thats just my expierence

I think a big part of it is being born with skinny ankles too...the contrast makes a big difference if you have modest calves and skinny ankles compared to someone with huge calves and big ankles

Killer calves! I assume you are genetically gifted for this body part. Or have you used the 600 hours of dedicated painful calf-work that Arnold talked about??

Ready for this CRAZY workout?

I HAVE NEVER, EVER, EVER DONE CALVES!!!!!!!!

The guys at the gym flip out when I tell them that!

Here is a funny..I train the Philadelphia Force professional fast Pitch softball team and the first time we met ALL teh girls, within 2 minutes were saying, 'Holy cow! Look at your calves!', 'Damn those are awesome!' and embarrising things like that.

They are actually cut and very define. The pic looks more like bulky.

I say all of this but with much embarresment. trust me no ego here. These are just the things I am told and hear constantly.

Ah, so you are genetically gifted with great calves. That's awesome! I have a friend with similarly massive calves and aside from cycling he has never done anything to raise them. I have on numerous occasions suggested a partial calf transplantation where he could donate some of his mass to me, but so far he has declined.

calves are something you either have or you dont...... ive known people who do calves like everyday and mine were still bigger and i was doing them like once a week..... ive realized they dont really get bigger, ever, just more ripped..... but thats just my expierence

I do agree that there are people born with great calves and people born with virtually no calves. I belong to the latter category. I also believe that it is quite challenging to get calves to grow in size -- they seem to be extraordinarily stubborn compared to other muscles -- but anecdotal evidence underlines that they are not incapable of hypertrophy.

I do agree that there are people born with great calves and people born with virtually no calves. I belong to the latter category. I also believe that it is quite challenging to get calves to grow in size -- they seem to be extraordinarily stubborn compared to other muscles -- but anecdotal evidence underlines that they are not incapable of hypertrophy.

After being in the industry for so long I am ask that question: 'Why are calves so hard grow?"

I have never done a full scale research on this but my opinion is that yes it is genetics, but also it is a muslce that never rests. We all know how important it is to rest your muscles in order for them to grow and grow big.

funny also..I have friends that ask for half of my calves..lol

yes..in respect to Robert and the other great people on here who ask me to hang out I believe it is the right thing to do.

I will try to post often, but like robert and a few of you other professionals life is sooo busy......but a great busy at that!

Sorry for not jumping in sooner. Great calves! I often get criticized for having "small calves" but they are actually one of my best muscle groups. I've been told that at contests and in photo shoots, and just be people who want to see them.

They are not huge, but they are shredded, veins in them, and look bigger than they are because they are super lean.

I'll try to get some close-up shots soon, I don't think I have any.

Oh, I just found a few. Not super close up but you get the idea:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/imgs/albums/RobertCheekeCollection/rc25.jpg

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/imgs/albums/RobertCheekeCollection/rc10.jpg

After being in the industry for so long I am ask that question: 'Why are calves so hard grow?"

I have never done a full scale research on this but my opinion is that yes it is genetics, but also it is a muslce that never rests. We all know how important it is to rest your muscles in order for them to grow and grow big.

Yes that seems plausible. That may indeed be the case for some people.

Sorry for not jumping in sooner. Great calves! I often get criticized for having "small calves" but they are actually one of my best muscle groups. I've been told that at contests and in photo shoots, and just be people who want to see them.

They are not huge, but they are shredded, veins in them, and look bigger than they are because they are super lean.

I'll try to get some close-up shots soon, I don't think I have any.

Oh, I just found a few. Not super close up but you get the idea:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/imgs/albums/RobertCheekeCollection/rc25.jpg

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/imgs/albums/RobertCheekeCollection/rc10.jpg

Great calves Robert. Very lean!

Vegans stick together....that's what I know.

Not what I know.

Me neither.

Big calves come from being really fat for a while, lots of time spent running with a heavy backpack or just genetics.

Mine were never really big despite being over 300lbs and being athletic at that weight. They were always really strong(I'd do single leg calf raises on a smith machine with 275 or do burnout sets with 405 no problem). I wouldn't have called them small but they were nothing in comparison to my huge quads and hams...now they seem to be big in comparison but I still wouldn't call them big