The unexplained, ghosts, omens, visions, night terrors, etc.

_raVen_

Actually this article (from the same author) might interest you more and be a better article to read regarding the author's theories regarding genetic manipulations and the evolution of modern man _raven_. I do believe that there were giants and hobbits, and who knows what else -- but this author would have to provide a whooole lot of concrete proof to make me buy any of her genetic theories. ).

Crash,

...I was reared in religion, but never heard anything to this effect.

You know, thinking on this, I do recall now, that life on other planets was something of a hot topic at one time when I was a child. I mostly remember the conclusion arrived at, which was, basically, of the nature of all answers given the inexplicable by some religions -- the "We'll know when we get to Heaven" answer It was more like,"...Well, if there is life on other planets, Jesus (must have? or probably?) died for them too." End of conversation. The lesson being that we are not charged with understanding and explaining All; we do not and will not ever have complete understanding because that is the nature of being "Man" ("Man," another term I hate). And enlightenment comes after this life, or more, when we enter Heaven; so just do not dwell on "wordly things." This only leads to temptations, loss of faith, loss of spiritual connection to God, and ultimately, loss of salvation.

This is what I find most people to cite as a main objection to religion -- this "blind" faith (a term which is, in my opinion, well, stupid, for lack of better syntax) or acceptance without question (which makes more sense).

Of course there are many reasons to object to religions; but this one is a biggie.

Actually this article (from the same author) might interest you more and be a better article to read regarding the author's theories regarding genetic manipulations and the evolution of modern man _raven_. I do believe that there were giants and hobbits, and who knows what else -- but this author would have to provide a whooole lot of concrete proof to make me buy any of her genetic theories. ).

Well, one thing I can agree with her is frustration with the scientific community . I think her interpretations are too random.

Right off the bat she asks, "Is there any proof of ancient extraterrestrial visitation?" Then goes on to cite amalgams of myths

Just a couple things from the pages: She offers no explanation for how these aliens, which came to Earth and created man, obtained their education in "...space flight, astronomy, agriculture, architecture, medicine"... engineering"... much less how they were created (unless she does so in other writings).

Her cite source for an evidentiary photograph of a "giant" is from a 19th Century fiction magazine (The Strand) -- that pretty much speaks for itself

And then she describes 8-foot persons as "gigantic." (The Lakers might want to look into this genetic manipulation further )

Richard Kiel (over 7-feet) always plays a freak or "giant"; There is an actor who is also very big and of course is cast as a giant...saw him in a fantasy film recently, but can't remember it (hmmm...what's his name?) Anyway, I just don't think 8-or-9-feet qualifies as "giant," in today's meaning.

As well, I think it's probable that exaggerations are what evolved from encounters with a tall People. It just got expounded and added to like well-oiled rumor or gossip. When we hear the word, "hobbit," we think of funny little creatures in blockbuster films, and fairy tales, and the same for "giants." It could have merely meant shorter or taller (than the average) at the beginning. The 2004 discovery is a great example. These small People did exist, but somewhere along the line were turned into folklore, and therefore dismissed as silliness -- myths. They became "hobbits" instead of just small humans, Homo floresiensis. So I suppose at one time there could have been extremely tall people just like today dwarves, now called, "little persons" are with us. None of this, though, has to be congruent with her theories.

She, in my opinion, cherry picks from various myths to form a theory -- I could do that and come up with millions. Ironically, this is also the charge of many atheists about Christianity/religions, because of the similarities amongst various origins of beliefs, myths, and roots of paganism.

I try to respect folks of all beliefs, but I just do not think these (her extrapolations) make any sense.

I'm not ready to equate angels = spacemen -- I can barely understand angels as spiritual entities, much less aliens

Wow, it's difficult to get across what I'm meaning in type Am I makin' sense? Hopefully more than Ms. Lloyd

I'll be back after I read what you posted and comment further, but, just reading the first couple paragraphs of the link page you posted, brought to mind the "myths" of hobbits and "leprechans" which in 2004 were proved to have a factual existence -- do you recall that? It was in 2004.

Oh yeah. I loved that one. I really like to think all these sorts of things are based on actual creatures that really did exist at one time. I think that humans (and others) really like to kill things that are different and for every existing species today they are probably oh, 100 (well it's a lot worse than that actually) at least that were killed off. So there certainly could have been all kinds of intelligent species that were killed off. It's fun to think Middle Earth type creatures maybe are based on some reality that has been (somehow) passed down across many thousands of years.

So giants, hobbits, trolls, etc. Some may have even survived to fairly recently, who knows? Maybe back during Stonehenge being built even.

....the "myths" of hobbits and "leprechans" which in 2004 were proved to have a factual existence -- do you recall that? It was in 2004.

Oh yeah. I loved that one. I really like to think all these sorts of things are based on actual creatures that really did exist at one time. I think that humans (and others) really like to kill things that are different and for every existing species today they are probably oh, 100 (well it's a lot worse than that actually) at least that were killed off. So there certainly could have been all kinds of intelligent species that were killed off. It's fun to think Middle Earth type creatures maybe are based on some reality that has been (somehow) passed down across many thousands of years.

So giants, hobbits, trolls, etc. Some may have even survived to fairly recently, who knows? Maybe back during Stonehenge being built even.

Hm, good point: an early systematic killing? A genocide -- that isn't farfetched: May not have been that they just died off, though some may have. I suppose it's human and non-human animal behavior to kill off those who threaten us...

I suppose, though, that it depends for us non-human animals: If a group is threatening, kill them; if they are easily dominated or defeated, enslave them or do like the Spaniards and forge a scare campaign (against native Peoples) to get the People behind a genocide.

It is fun to think that some did exist, even if not exactly like we wanted them to have with castles and so forth I love fantasy. When I was a child I used to pray for magical things, like talking animals and being able to communicate with the great walnut tree in our backyard. I thought if I prayed enough, it would be revealed to me . Ahh, to be that innocent again

So what about my question of your uberhearing incident?

By the way, you were in a dream I had a couple weeks ago. Trippy

Hm, good point: an early systematic killing? A genocide -- that isn't farfetched:

It's sad but that's human history in a nutshell. One group starts farming before another and is able to build an army so they then go kill every group around them that didn't start farming yet. Guns, Germs and Steel talks about this. We've probably killed off so many wonderful creatures including strains of humanity also that we're a lot worse for losing.

Basically just a few wild plants here and there have been really good for domesticating (and large animals) and if you didn't happen to live where there were any, your people were eventually going to be slaughtered by someone else who had wheat/rice/horses/cows/etc.

It is fun to think that some did exist, even if not exactly like we wanted them to have with castles and so forth I love fantasy. When I was a child I used to pray for magical things, like talking animals and being able to communicate with the great walnut tree in our backyard. I thought if I prayed enough, it would be revealed to me . Ahh, to be that innocent again

LOL, that's cute. There was this one tree that's a couple hundred years old in a forest a few hours from here that I felt like it had a "presence". Except for being furry the sequoias in Cali didn't do much for me though.

So what about my question of your uberhearing incident?

Oh well.... sometimes the mind just doesn't work right. I used to like to kid myself I must have latent special powers. I don't do so anymore.

I work with people on the neurology floor (well I clean their rooms mostly). It's always strange to me that when people are hallicinating they can't figure out that they're hallicinating. They say, "There's a head coming out of that wall!" I go over and wave my hand around and show them there isn't but they think I'm lying. Etc. I guess sometimes they know they are hallicinating.

By the way, you were in a dream I had a couple weeks ago. Trippy

That's cool, thanks. I haven't had any dreams lately that I remember.

... We've probably killed off so many wonderful creatures including strains of humanity also that we're a lot worse for losing.

And how about all the species unique to and indigenous to the Rainforest which are being destroyed as we speak which will never be seen/known/or studied? I think that is one of the most devastating things happening right now. From the -- what? one percent? -- of what we've studied from it, we've learned so much. It's a shame.

...There was this one tree that's a couple hundred years old in a forest a few hours from here that I felt like it had a "presence". Except for being furry the sequoias in Cali didn't do much for me though.

I love that. I love trees! I believe they do have a strong life force. In fact one of the incidents I was going to relay about my own experiences was about my interaction with two trees. Okay, sounds wacky, but... last year I had these two gorgeous, very fragrant mini trees (like little potted Christmas trees). They needed watering, but since they were on the balcony, I brought them inside to water. I put them in the tub, watered and let them drain. I kinda forgot about them and left them there overnight. So in the morning, I go into the bathroom and greet them, "Oh, Good morning little Trees." And, I swear both bowed their tops toward eachother. And not a little move; it was like they both tipped the top 1/3 of their bodies. I was freaked! Not scared, but just in shock. And, there was no open window to have cause a rush of air or anything -- from a standstill, they bowed, right as I greeted them. Okay, so that's one of "unexplained" thingys

I couldn't have imagined it, damnit.

I work with people on the neurology floor (well I clean their rooms mostly). It's always strange to me that when people are hallicinating they can't figure out that they're hallicinating. They say, "There's a head coming out of that wall!" I go over and wave my hand around and show them there isn't but they think I'm lying. Etc. I guess sometimes they know they are hallicinating.

Well, it's real for them . Ever wonder if you are the one who can't see it?

That's cool, thanks. I haven't had any dreams lately that I remember.

I wonder if it's from stress ? I have always dreamt, but when things were hectic for me, I slept like a log once I fell asleep and rarely remembered my dreams. As I've gotten older, and things are generally less hectic, I dream more often -- or at least, I recall more often -- and they are vivid and rich dreams; lots of symbolism and obvious references. Still some confusing, seemingly random strangeness, though . And I hate when I have good or really interesting dreams and then they slip away as the day goes on till I don't remember it at all or only fragments. I envy people who have the ability to make themselves dream certain dreams or get back to an unfinished dream: I'd *love* to be able to do that!

I should start a dream thread again

• 3 weeks later...

As well as Miles Davis

E.S.P. is Extrasensory Perception. aka: clairvoyance

Couple of easy examples I'm sure you've heard before: when someone knows (predicts) something is going to happen before it does. Or when someone knows what someone is thinking, what someone is going to say, or do -- Kinda like when you know what your s.o. (or ex) is going to say and do before they do

When someone dreams about what will happen, and it does.

Quickly found this site on a search; you can do the same and a lot of info comes up.

Some info on it here; a few of excerptions:

"... increasing evidence is demonstrating that ESP does exist, but it cannot be explained or quantified by physical laws; and furthermore, that the mind (consciousness) and the brain are two separate entities. Simultaneously, research in quantum physics points to the existence of a second, nonmaterial universe. So, the time is fast approaching when Western scientists must come to terms with the Eastern mystical concept: "that an extrasensory force exists in another realty, and intersects and integrates with the physical world."

"... and it is not dependent on any of the other five senses. ESP is independent of such factors as geography, time, intelligence, age, or education."

"...Some theories involve the discussion of two subconsciousnesses, the second one sometimes called the superconsciousness, soul, subliminal self, transcendent ego, dream self and several other terms. The argument rest on the hypothesis that two realities exist, the physical one and a second one"

Okay, I have a strange one...

About 13 years ago, my wife & I were vacationing in Quebec, Canada.

We were staying at a hotel in Trois Rivieres.

In the middle of the night, my wife sits straight up and says "Woodbine!"

I woke up when she sat up and heard her say "Woodbine" so I came up with my best response " HUH???"

She then said "Woodbine! I have to get to Woodbine! I have to get the story!" So of course now that I'm nearing smi-conciousness, I say "Jo, go to bed!"

She then plopped straight back into bed asleep.

When we woke up, I told her about what happened and of course she didn't believe it.

We turned on the television set and immediately saw a news story of a large fire at the Woodbine Stables where several race horses were killed.

The fire began in the middle of the night!

spooky!

(I keep hoping to hear lottery numbers from her but so far no luck)