For those interested in history/politics...

_raVen_

Not to mention that everything seems to be falling into place for end-times events to occur. Just my humble opinion.

If it does happen I think it will be because people want it to happen - it's a self fulfilling prophesy (just my humble opinion).

I just hope I find a safe place to hide until it's all over.

Hey, that was me quoting some christian fundy nut. I don't believe we are nearing the christian endtimes.

I know it wasn't you - you were just linking to that rather scary site.

It would be ironic if corporations lobbied this country right into economic meltdown. If that isn't a principle of economics, then it should be.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that the econimic downfalls of the US in the past have always weekened the world economy but this time I think it will be different. If/when our economy fails I believe the rest of the world will benefit from it and it will be worth biting the bullet even though it will suck

I just don't know.... we've got all those nukes. Something really bad might happen.

Check out this take on where we're headed: The New World Order. It's over an hour, but good.

Okay, not too many people visit this thread; so I imagine not many are going to watch the video So, I've got a question about one of the many things discussed in the documentary, which one doesn't have to watch to answer: Would you, for any reason, consent to or get the human implant chip?

Check out this take on where we're headed: The New World Order. It's over an hour, but good. [/quote[

I just listened to the first 8 minutes and there's some old guy going about how education is indoctrinating us all to become communists. (atheistic collectivists) LOL. I'm sorry but that crap is downright annoying in how completely wrong it is. Do they keep using that guy throughout this movie?

Okay, not too many people visit this thread; so I imagine not many are going to watch the video So, I've got a question about one of the many things discussed in the documentary, which one doesn't have to watch to answer: Would you, for any reason, consent to or get the human implant chip?

No. I don't think so.

Another one of w's "midnight signings" -- perfect for Halloween, I guess.

Scroll down to (or do a "find") SEC. 1076 (3/4 way down the page) in H.R. 5122 to read the specific text. w signs legislation moving toward martial law

It's a lot of legalese, but to nutshell it: w has broad power to define (make up) when martial law is necessary. All he needs to do is determine a "public emergency," state and local government be-damned -- w needs not their consent or input.

Also, if you remember a couple years ago when the "conspiracy theorists" were rambling on and on with the nonsense about detention camps, then it will surely surprise you to know that folks determined to be worthy of detention -- "illegal" aliens, "terrorists," etc. -- will find the accomodations at the high-end Halliburton Resort, where, no doubt, the lodgings bring out the best in detainees (such as provided by the complementary Military Commissions Act of 2006 (torture Act), I posted above the other day) quite the respite from their dogdays of conspiring and evil-doing.

Democracy, w-style.

If we get into big trouble we could always sell our nukes like Reagan...hell...we're not using them...it seems unvegan to spend so much money on something just to leave it in storage

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's been depressing me too much lately. (The torture stuff. I've read articles about people who've been subject to "rendition".) I guess these elections are a pretty positive thing. They still can't really do anything as they don't have a veto proof majority.

The veto thing may be true but the only bills that will even get to the Senate will be good liberal bills thanks to the Liberal Congress. Bush can't veto everything...we'll just do what they did by adding things he can't veto to bills with nothing he agress with.